Thread: new to hunting and bows. can anyone help?

Hybrid View

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Just read over a lot of what you have gone over here and it looks like these guys have you on the right path. Just takes time and once you start seeing deer then it will be on to shooting one.

What viewer did you use for the above ^^ property picture??

Hang in there 213chrisp. I bow hunted for three years before I got one with a bow. Can be very tough at first with a steep learning curve, but it will get easier, especially once find find a few good spots and figure out a good way to hunt them....

the high quality pictures was taken from my gaming desktop on windows 7 using chrome on google maps, but the low image posted just yesterday was a screen shot with my cell phone :) to my work laptop, which is why the lines are all over the place.

and thanks newbowhunter32, i knew when i got into this that i probably wont be sucessfull this late into the season and knowing little about the deer in my area but i would consider a success is me in a tree stand and at least getting a visual on a deer somewhere NEAR me. even if i dont shoot i would call that a good hunt for what ive learned over the past month and half or so.

bing maps is decent in my area cause it looks like the shots they used for there database was taken during fall, of what year i dont know though. where google mapes looks like spring or early summer cause evrything is so green. which that is a trick i learned on my own about scouting land is to use internet to my favor and look at ariel maps like google maps, and reading topo maps to learn how the terrain is in the area ill be hunting and can put myself in a position where i think i have a chance.
    but im new and this is all still a learning curve.

now on the other hand, im going down to my grandmothers house after xmas, i might try to get me a deer down there, they are like clock work down there cause we feed them corn out of a homemade feeder for years. right at evening time they will come into a couple acher plot that use to be a old tabaco farm plot behind a old barn in a valley of woods, and then they make there way to behind the house which is where the feeder is. its nothing to see a dozen deer there at a single time and usualy a few turkey mixed in from time to time.
    this sping i think im going to work on rebuilding a bigger feeder and wiring up a remote camera to hook up to internet and stream that feed so i can keep an eye on the animals 3 hours away :)

Thread Information