Thread: new to hunting and bows. can anyone help?

Hybrid View

I also don't hunt by the wind, far too many times I have killed eer on so called wrong winds for a stand
    I worry a lot more about scent control, and getting in and out of a setup, without being seen
    most folks hunt where deer smell humans all the time, so I think they are less sensitive to human scent, that deer in big mature woods, where human scent isn't very often there
    when possible I will try to hunt with a wind working with me, but if a spot is hot, I will hunt that over a different area with less action any day of the week
    to me a hot stand is a higher odds hunt no matter the wind, of you do good scent control that is
    I seldom get busted, and I have deer near me most sits down wind up wind and all over me, and I feel I am doing a good job, so what I do works for me
    we all learn what we feel is working or not as time passes

I like hunting a crosswind. With good scent control that seems to work best for me.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

I also have found that good scent control is key. For a lot of the stands I hunt, deer can be coming at me from multiple directions so it hard to play the wind to my advantage even if i try.

Thread Information