well to me the real perk of private land is simply this, you have more control over who and when people will show up(or you lets say have more control, as trespassers still drive me nuts at my place LOl)
and that makes deer more predictable, knowing, or them knowing less folks bother them to throw them off there normal routines

as human disturbance is a huge influence on deer if you ask me, and its no fun to walk in to a spot an hr before sun rise, and have a guy walk in on you 10 minutes after first light
it happns on public lands, and you have no action to take but suck it up
where as on private lands, you can maybe kick them out, get to know them and work together to not happen again, or, have them arrested
the perks of private lands can also be lands with better habitat, thus better hunting
and also having the options to set up stands and blinds and leave them with less worry about them gropwing legs and walking off on you!
and in OHIO< on private lands you can legally bait, if you so want, where as on public lands in ohio, its illegal to do so!
those are all the perks to private lands in my book!
but I have killed dozens and dozens of deer on public lands
and even in places I have access to private lands, many times I have still found myself on public lands when conditions are right on them! don't get caught up in the need to have private lands to have a good hunt or chance at a deer, far too many guys cry about public lands, yet the majoriety of deer killed are on public lands in most states yr after yr!