Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do, what to do.

Hybrid View

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Tomorrow morning you should be sitting on the porch with Grandma sipping a hot cup of coffee watching for them to see what they do and where they go, specifically what big trees they walk past. If they don't show then at that time she could point out where she sees them exactly. It sounds like you are planning to only set up the stand Saturday morning. If you think you will have plenty of time to hang it well before they would go by then do it that way. If not then a couple hours after they go by tomorrow sneak over and get the stand up as quietly and as scent free as possible and get out of there. That's probably how I would handle it, knowing they are already past and bedded rather than have them come early and catch me setting it up. Hunt with Grandma's confidence Saturday morning and good luck!!

I would try to catch them on the travel route for the next week or two. If you can't intercept them on the travel route and decide to go into or right up against the bedding area, I would go in way early (3:30AM) set-up and stay all day. Good luck. KB
    Mathews Chill-R, Carbon Express, Rage

You posted that you know exactly which tree to put a stand in on their travel corridor. If it were me, stay out of the area until 3am or so Sat morn, hang your stand and hunt. I would try to get as close to the road as possible, but not right on top of it. Stay outta their bedroom, one whiff of your scent around there, and their gone for good. Your best chance for success will be your first sit, so do everything in your power to make it count. Good luck

travel route for sure is where to be
    you wont killem siting on the couch

Thread Information