I like to find the thickest nastiest stuff and hunt enterance/exit trails. My favorite spot this year involves walking down an old access trail through the middle of some thick nasty stuff to get to an small area that is a funnel where there are beds and a small green field close by. also on the posted ground that this area borders is an apple orchard. So I essentially set up in the very narrow space that is this funnel that is between the bedding and two food sources. I wish there was a better way in but I hope it pays off in the rut this year. Otherwise I wont go into this spot at any time other than the rut. Since the deer are a little more forgiving that time of the year. Sometimes I bump a deer out of there on the way in but things like that happen. I get in early in the morning to minimize the risk.

But to answer your question. I hunt the nasty stuff or the edges of it. I usually dont hunt field edges simply because they havent really worked out for me but I guess I could give it a try again sometime.