10/03/11
no am hunting, had things to do, but at 6 am it was raining and only 33 degree's in my back yard, cold and wet!

this eveneing, got on stand at about 3;45, had deer already out in my foodplots, they busted me trying to get to a stand!

was 45 degrees, little to no wind, and a light rain!, and loioked like it was going to pour any time
so i decide to sit in my one stand i have with a roof over it

at 4;30 had a small 6 ptr come by at 35 yrds, then follweed by another 6ptr, 10 minutes later
they decided to do some friendly sparring for about 15 minutes, then went back to feeding
5;10 pm, had a big Great blue heron land just above me on a branch say 3 ft above me, and take a huge crap, thank god I had that roof or i would have been pissed about being crapped on by that huge critter!
5;45, had one of my best bucks come out 80 yrds from me, he is not huge by any means, but veru above average for my area
he is a 18" wide 8 pointer, with about 6" bases, but thin and short tined, maybe in the 130's, he fed for over 20 minutes at 80 yrds then went back into the timber, he came back out same place with one of the other better 8's i have again in the 130's but heavier and only about 15 inches wide

they are going to be very tempting, as i really only have one deer I have seen this yr bigger than these, but they really need one more yr
but with all the poaching i have and hunting pressue next to me, if i pass it could very easily be for nothing ,

then I had a few more smaller bucks, and a few does come out, only a few came into range though, but was an active evening

sad part is with all the flooded woods near me, all my normal hot spots are off, as deer are now entering food plots in wierd places due to water effecting how they can get about, and i guess where there bedding now as to before the flood!
so most of my sets are not like they should be, now most deer seem out of range from them, will be hitting the climber i think!