Athletic Greens
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

Hybrid View

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream

2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

Everyone, let us know what you are seeing out there for deer activity when you are scouting and while hunting this season. If you are comfortable with it, list the county or region you are reporting from. If your report is from a state other than Ohio please still list it here but make sure you mention what state it's from and again, the county or region of that state.

Let us know when you find rubs, scrapes, pre-rut, rut and all post-rut activity. Additional information such as acorn reports, what the deer are eating in your area, deer activity such as bachelor groups, family groups or herding, sparring activity, knock down drag out fights and even the moment you spot a buck with shed antlers. Let us all know! Pictures to go along with your post would be great!

This post will also help out BowhuntingOhio.com member Lucky1 in his research study he is doing at Kent State University:

http://www.bowhuntingohio.com/forum/...783#post125783
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Holla View Post
    Spent Saturday 10/8 and Sunday 10/9 out in the Ohio woods in Meigs County. We found several great rubs scattered around on the property and not a single scrape. We saw 6 deer Saturday, 2 doe family groups and a single doe & fawn on Sunday. White oaks seem to be loaded this year and the deer are gobbling them up. A few black oaks have good acorns as well and the same seems to be true with those being gobbled up. The corn seems to be a few weeks from being ready to cut and the deer and coons are loving it! Treestands are set and ready to go! Would have been best to have them done months ago but this is the hand we were dealt.
    Glad to hear you're making it down to Ohio......if I'm remembering it right...... things didn't work out for you as far as hunting ohio last season.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

10/10/11
    again no am hunting

they started to harvest the potato's at my place and that had deer movenents off
    sat from 5 pm till dark, Nothing
    BUt on my way into the woods today I found a half eaten squirrel, wit just its guts eaten, rest was intact

so thats was my day today!

Planning on hunting Woodbury and Tri-Valley the first week of November.........Anyone have any suggestions on good places to start looking on an upcoming scouting trip?

no am hunting today 10/11/11
    warm, almost hot, 77 degrees going in this evening
    thought about sitting at home imn front of the Tv

they are still harvesting the potato's and have mmy place all screwed up for hunting as well as the harvesting
    so really though about not hunting
    BUT cannot kill one that way for sure

decieded to sit on the food plot farthest from all the harvesting

plan was woprking till about 6 pm, had deer working there way out of the trees to the plot,
    AND!
    THEN
    the workers decied to start picking and dumping rocks 150 yrds from me

deer ran back into the timber

sat till dark watching them pick/dump rocks!!

should have not hunted tonight!

was still 66 degrees when i quit

and thank God for thermacells!
    a must have at my place in this heat!

Tues PM Report- Hunted just 125 behind my house at a spot that is easy to get to and involves no climbing hills due to the heat. Was 73 deg at 5:15 when I got on stand, mosquitoes were bad, and the 7 MPH SE wind didn't pan out either, mainly still conditions all night. At 7:15 I heard crunch, crunch, crunch and here came a deer on the road below me, no idea what it was, too dark. It ate some acorns then headed onto my property. That was it, should have stayed home as well, thankfully the cool weather is coming, but it felt good to be in a tree, even though the neighbors decided to cut firewood all evening!
    "...the deepest, most permanent features of all great moments outside are the names, faces, descriptions, and emotions. The antlers on the wall...well, they're just bones affixed to boards. But what they represent, however, is flesh and blood - fathers and sons, friends spending time with friends and the the seasons of life when the people we love were still with us. These old antlers on the wall...well, take a seat, my friend, and I'll tell you all about them." -Rev. Zeke Pipher

Love Woodbury and I know it like back of hand. Deer is tough though, turkey much better. It's hunted hard. I like across the road from church along c-4, east side, up trail vear ne. Get up on the flat and some good trails. C-4 has a big section the old maps show as private but actually part of Woodbury, hence a little less pressure. I also like field btwn 1st 2nd Parkin at turkey fed, can sneak thru in btwn the 2 high ridges to get back in. On east side of fed, park btwn north 1st pkg spot were federation sign is and 2nd gate.

Thurs PM Report- Hunted my crabapple stand for the first time, nice evening, 63 deg and SE wind, no mosquitoes, saw one doe at 6:30 heading to a green field to eat, then at 7:15 the skies opened and I got SOAKED making the 1/2 mile walk back to the truck. Man did it rain.
    "...the deepest, most permanent features of all great moments outside are the names, faces, descriptions, and emotions. The antlers on the wall...well, they're just bones affixed to boards. But what they represent, however, is flesh and blood - fathers and sons, friends spending time with friends and the the seasons of life when the people we love were still with us. These old antlers on the wall...well, take a seat, my friend, and I'll tell you all about them." -Rev. Zeke Pipher

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonegod View Post
    Glad to hear you're making it down to Ohio......if I'm remembering it right...... things didn't work out for you as far as hunting ohio last season.
    Yeah Stonegod last year was a tough one on us financially. It about killed me not being able to make my annual trips to Ohio. So far this year is a different story.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

Made it out last night but didn't see anything but squirrels and chipmunks all night didn't help there was a dead deer 75 yards from my stand and someone was cutting down trees but it was nice to get out.

Thread Information