Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: broadheads

broadheads

ok guys and gals does anyone on here shoot the g5 monetec broadheads going to try them this year just curious as to what peope have to say about them good and the bad

never used them
    but if they fly true out of your set up, thats all that really matters, and well you putting it in the right spot
    I think folks over think the broadhead game, media hype or???
    all you need a is a sharp head, and put it in vitals
    and dead deer happens!
    any head in a poor shot placement isn't going to magically make it a good shot!

started off hunting with bear SS tips plain and simple, but sharp, were like 3 bucks a head, and killed me a ton of deer with them
    now, at 10-20 bucks a head??
    getting silly if you ask me!
    but good luck, and post follow up on how you like them after a kill or 5, LOL
    maybe others will follow you and try them pending your results??

thats what i was wondering i know they need to be sharp but curious as to if you miss ae they junk or are they still decent shape

I used them. I was not happy with their sharpness of the blade. I recommend that you buy their practice blades and practice with them before hunting as they did not fly the same as my field tips. I have switched to Rage and have better accuracy with Rage.
    Mathews Switchback XT
    Easton Flatline arrows
    True Glo 3 pin
    Rage 2 blade

I actually tried NAP Hellrazor also and found them to be a little sharper than G5, but still did not fly the same as my field points. That is when I switched to Rage. The Rage do fly the same as my field points.
    Mathews Switchback XT
    Easton Flatline arrows
    True Glo 3 pin
    Rage 2 blade

I never used them always used thunderhead 125's with great success. 4 years ago tried rage almost lost a 10pt. I shot great blood trail at first then only a drop or 2 and then nothing was lucky to find him after that. went back to fixed blade 125's and happy again. I think any broad head placed where it should be will do the job and tracking no how. everyone wants a blood trail like a painted line and buy into a rage. some swear by it but someday sometime the rage like me will make you resort to fine tracking no how to get your deer.

Nothing beats true cut on contact! I've killed prob a dozen deer over the past couple years with the G5's and they do the job excellent. Ive also had good success with making Hellrazors and Razorcaps fly well. I like the G5's above the other two just due to them being machined out of one piece of steel and there are no welds or screw in ferrules; no doubt stronger without any weak links. Rage makes a good broadhead but ive not had the blades either break or bend on hits. You can make a Rage fly well out of almost anything, but if you have the ability to tune your bow correctly you can get the open G5's to fly as well as field tips. And if you know you to resharpen them with flat files and stones they will shave hair with no problem even after breaking bone.

OK fellas this may be somewhat off topic but here's an ideal...since we're talking about which broadheads are good and what not, if you harvest a deer this year take a pic of the entry/exit hole and post them on here and tell what type of broadhead you used? And if you're feeling froggy maybe how far the shot was, shot placement, etc. Think that will give us a good idea of what works good...just a thought.
    I live life at full draw....

I'm old school I still hunt with the wasp 4 blade. Started using them when I started hunting in the 70's....lol

Thread Information