Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: got one of my big boys.

Very very nice congrats
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Holy smokes what a stud! Congrats!
    I live life at full draw....

way to go.....very nice buck brother.....
    ......My biggest fear when I die is my wife selling my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it...... shoot str8.

Its funny.This is what you pray for every year. nail a big one out of the gate. And i find myself sad at thinking that chase is over.My season is usually months long....not weeks lol. anyway thank you guys for the nice comments. and best of luck.Another question. how many large bucks do you guys think dont get reported to the ohio bbc or b&c? cause ive seen several deer around dayton larger than mine, so im sure some of them are getting taken, but according to bbc 175" typical puts me #2 in the county ever for a typical. I find that hard to believe. anyways here are a couple more pictures. I took him to the taxidermist last night(day of kill) because he wouldnt fit in my deep freeze. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buck waist.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	10724Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buck truck.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	10725I've never wanted something back so bad....

Congrats!!! What an awesome deer. Im from Dayton originally and there are a lot of enormous deer there, i always thought especially to the west in the agriculture. AND in my opinion i think a lot of big deer get killed that dont get entered into the books, ive never been a big fan of doing it myself. I think when i run into committed bowhunters its more often than not that they dont care about the book as much as the challenge it took to make the kill and opt out of taking the effort to enter it in any book. Great work!!

Where did you take the head? Even since ive moved from Dayton, I still make the drive from Cincy to take everything to Rick Busse in Piqua

taxidermist

Thats pretty much where im located. just west of dayton. can be in downtown in ten min. Huge deer here just hard to find somewhere to hunt. When i opened my gunsmithing business we needed a chunk of land so just bought some. which is good cause people look at you stupid if you ask to hunt around here. I took the head to dan conley of wildlife trophies. He has done work for me before. And he is a customer of mine, so having a past relationship i trust him.

I didn't put mine in the books. I don't think the county needs anymore publicity. mine was 183 1/8 gross. 165 net. You shot a stud man. Grats! Welcome to the booner club.

I personally think a LOT of bucks never get reported in books/records for many reasons
    I know, ME< I would never record one, I don't want the fame or the need to record my kills, to me there personal things
    second, I THINK, a lot of BIG bucks, MAYBE are taken on less then ideal LEGAL ways, and as such they don't want the questions that might come
    I know up my way, most BIG bucks in the area, always go missing with NO one ever saying they killed it
    so, we tend to think they got poached, or my locals believe this!
    and odds are there sadly right!

many hunetrs also are just weekend hunters, and don't get pasionate about hunting, so killing a deer is just that, killing a deer, and the idea of a Big buck club, record book deal never even comes to mind, or even know ther are out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mankey2k12 View Post
    I didn't put mine in the books. I don't think the county needs anymore publicity. mine was 183 1/8 gross. 165 net. You shot a stud man. Grats! Welcome to the booner club.
    Sounds you shot a stud too. Let's see the pics man!
    I live life at full draw....

Thread Information