Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adjusting my sight pins???

Quote Originally Posted by SKO View Post
    A 60 really shoots the same as a 70 pound bow? You seriously posted that?
    Congrats on spellin kinetic..impressive..:D
    with a 30 inch arrow the z7 at 60lbs draw bow or a 70lbs draw bow shoot the the same ftps+or - a few ftps do your due diligence good sir
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Well again, if you slow bow, and then lighter arrow, your drop will be the same, as even you say, in your example, first shot, then after your example, it would hit same hole
    thus, your gap wouldn't change, and all you did was lower draw weight, and lower KE of the arrow
    so to be fair, I see your example as being a wash, and not changing anything really on drop down range!
    I have shot 1,000 yrd matches for close to 25 yrs, so my logic goes more with guns
    but again, if you adjust, compensate lighter arrow, to get same speeds as with heavier arrow, and higher draw weight, it to me would be a wash on drop
    a 500 grain arrow at 350 as to a 400 grain arrow at 320, just crazy numbers
    the drop down range would almost be the same, thus, pins shouldn't change?
    only way I see to get pins farther apart, is again, smaller pins, or change there zero's, from like 20 to 25 yrs or 30, to like 35 to 40, and so on
    the easiest and best solutions I say is a one pin sight you adjust for range?
    then you do not have to maybe re tune your bow, all the more so if you like your current draw weight and set up/form
    and I agree, 70 lbs is not needed for deer, or even bigger game, but like they say, dead is dead, bigger weapon or smaller, shoot what you like and have confidence in
    and I am not trying to bash or turn this into a major debate, just asking and stating what I THINK, and just my opinion, and I am NO expert
    so don't get all excited folks!

Quote Originally Posted by buckstalker17 View Post
    with a 30 inch arrow the z7 at 60lbs draw bow or a 70lbs draw bow shoot the the same ftps+or - a few ftps do your due diligence good sir
    About 10-12 fps slower...thats not "the same" due dilligence done quite while ago..the real question is how much efficiency loss is there?

and you be leave that it will travel the same ftps with a lighter arrow and less poundage i can't wait to show you how wrong you are on that we will just have to agree to dis agree,, now maybe a 22 wasnt the best example
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by buckstalker17 View Post
    and you be leave that it will travel the same ftps with a lighter arrow and less poundage i can't wait to show you how wrong you are on that we will just have to agree to dis agree,, now maybe a 22 wasnt the best example
    effciency loss?

Quote Originally Posted by SKO View Post
    effciency loss?
    at what 70-100 yards ?????????????????????????? if he wants want to get any pin gap he has to slow down the bow down or hes is going to have to shoot a way heavy arrow from 30 and beyond point blank period and yes you lose efficiency when you turn a bow down but that dosent mean you accuracy yea he might have a problem dropping a cape buffalo at100 yards but your not going to do that at 70 lbs either

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    To clarify a little. Lets assume the lighter arrow at 50 pound pull leaves the bow at the same fps as the heavier arrow at 60 pound pull. The lighter arrow will lose speed faster than the heavier arrow downrange. Will it be enough trajectory to quibble over in the range of a bow and arrow, probably not. I'd say the best solution is one of three mentioned. Smaller diameter pins, longer gaps in sight in points or a single pin type of sight. I know little about bows, but I'm assuming that changing the weight would mean one would have to retune the bow completely.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    To clarify a little. Lets assume the lighter arrow at 50 pound pull leaves the bow at the same fps as the heavier arrow at 60 pound pull. The lighter arrow will lose speed faster than the heavier arrow downrange. Will it be enough trajectory to quibble over in the range of a bow and arrow, probably not. I'd say the best solution is one of three mentioned. Smaller diameter pins, longer gaps in sight in points or a single pin type of sight. I know little about bows, but I'm assuming that changing the weight would mean one would have to retune the bow completely.
    exactly !!!!!!!!! someone finally gets it thus leaving him to have to drop his pin down at 30 yards and beyond

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    And you guys thought I only knew about crossbows.

And kinetic energy has little to do with killing when it comes to archery. Hemmorage or lack there of is the key element.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    And you guys thought I only knew about crossbows.

And kinetic energy has little to do with killing when it comes to archery. Hemmorage or lack there of is the key element.
    hey i knew i liked for a reason and i never thought that either lets just hope this cat dont attack you to i could be that he don't like me and i know you know your bait tackle also wont go to war with you on that

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Thread Information