Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wrong hunting spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker Bp View Post
    Thats unfortunate about your hunt, But that is the perils of hunting on property lines. I have hunted a spot for over 20 years, and it would hold plenty of deer. But one day as I am coming in there was a large excavator digging a basement next door, smack in the middle of what used to be prime bedding area. They proceeded to build a half million dollar home. I truly thought my hunting spot was ruined. They ride there ATVs around and of course right on the property lines, but its there property, and I choose to hunt just inside my Line. Well I kept hunting my spot, through the atvs and their barking dogs who must not like staying outside during the day, and on Nov 4rth I smoked my biggest buck to date right on that line. And the deer move through their property, just behind the barking dogs and flow like water right into my spot so sometimes it pays to hunt where its busy. Make the best of a bad situation! Good luck this Season Hoopie!
    I hunt only on my place, My stand sites are between two properties that funnel the deer through my property, but I also have neighbors close too that makes it difficult to hunt, but I still get a deer each year. Stay with it you never know!
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

and tonight he rode his fourwheeler around from 330 till dark, do u guys kno the specifics on that law?

Unless their are restrictions in your neighborhood, there is no law, It is his property, so he can ride if he wants. I feel for you, I have to put up with the same crap from time to time next to me!

Quote Originally Posted by hoopie View Post
    and tonight he rode his fourwheeler around from 330 till dark, do u guys kno the specifics on that law?
    There are indeed laws against that!!! The Ohio hunter harassment laws, officially known as Ohio revised code section 1533.03 and 1522.031 prohibit anyone including neighbors on their own property from intentionally interfering with you while you're hunting on neighboring property. It's not always easy to prove but if you atleast attempt to have it enforced your neighbors will know that what they are doing is illegal and the threat of a possible fine might be enough to stop them. Many people believe that they can do whatever they please as long as it's on their property.....they are wrong... so I would atleast enlighten them to the facts/laws! Just the sight of a law enforcement agent out there,I'll bet would be enough to put a stop to it.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Read this it may help http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/1533.031

Dang it stonegod. You beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by ghunter View Post
    Dang it stonegod. You beat me to it
    LMAO!!...Just barely!!!!.....I'll let you have the next one over on our predator site!LOL......great minds think alike buddy!!!!
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Hey as long we work for the greater good right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stonegod View Post
    There are indeed laws against that!!! The Ohio hunter harassment laws, officially known as Ohio revised code section 1533.03 and 1522.031 prohibit anyone including neighbors on their own property from intentionally interfering with you while you're hunting on neighboring property. It's not always easy to prove but if you atleast attempt to have it enforced your neighbors will know that what they are doing is illegal and the threat of a possible fine might be enough to stop them. Many people believe that they can do whatever they please as long as it's on their property.....they are wrong... so I would atleast enlighten them to the facts/laws! Just the sight of a law enforcement agent out there,I'll bet would be enough to put a stop to it.
    Wow! That is a new one on me! Thanks for the info Stonegod!

Quote Originally Posted by whodey1966 View Post
    Wow! That is a new one on me! Thanks for the info Stonegod!
    Well you're welcome whodey1966......a man and his wife down the street from me were going out just after dawn and just before sunset at the beginning of archery season, she would walk along the property line and shoot her shotgun to mess up her neighbors hunting. My brother (a policeman in a different city) heard about it from me and told me it was illegal in more that one way, I told the hunter down the street about it and a few days later I hear boom....boom.....boom.....then ten minutes later sirens, went down to check it out and the cops were taking her away in handcuffs.lol.......haven't heard any noise since.

Thread Information