Thread: sight lights

sight lights

hey yall just joined the site and havent seen my intro thread come up so here i go again. I'm a 2nd year bow hunter and man has this bug bit me hard! I am from Medina OH (looking for anyone that wants to buddy up, I do not have any private land but am always looking, PM if you are interested) anyway the real reason behind this post. How many of you use sight lights? I have a spot hogg real deal 5 pin sight (Just took the 5th out wont need it at my skill level). I really have not used it even at dusk but its more of a security blanket for me. The down side of that is... that it is a twist switch that likes to come loose and well when releasing the arrow it will let me know by and nice audible ting. do you guys think i should just ditch the light or just find something better. Any opinions on lights? thanks for any advice and looking forward to learning more each day here.

vince

well I used one for a few yrs before going to an X bow
    there are several models out there, some better than others, and I even know a few guys that rigged up there own to come on at full draw, and off when not and some that did pressure switches on the grip, so again only when drawing and holding draw would they come on!, actually had that set up back in the late 80's early 90's, by a local bow shop, custom sights he sold and made!, worked great till them broke LOl but got 10+ yrs out of them! then fiber optic's came out and tried for yrs without the light!
    you can try putting some bow string wax on the treads to keep it from walking off too, or likes
    one thing I did notice about them is if there too bright they shadow out the target, so lower , less bright was always better
    and LED , batteries last a lot longer

Thanks the string wax makes better sense than searching for an o ring. I'll keep that in mind and see what the results are.

Welcome to the site!!! I also hunt in Medina county (Litchfield/Chatham).
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonegod View Post
    Welcome to the site!!! I also hunt in Medina county (Litchfield/Chatham).
    Thank you, you looking to maybe mentor a novice??? I used to live out in Olmsted falls nice place.

i use plumbers tape on my threads and it doesnt turn on by itself or come unscrewed hope this helps

yet another good idea thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
    i use plumbers tape on my threads and it doesnt turn on by itself or come unscrewed hope this helps

Thread Information