Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions On Safety Harnesses!!!!!

Opinions On Safety Harnesses!!!!!

I have been looking into safety harnesses and the one I seem to like the best is the HS Safety System. Opinions on this one and others would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

I bought a Big Game ez-on harness this year. Paid I think $50 at bass pro. And I like it a lot. Very easy to put on and take off and very comfortable to wear in the stand for hours at a time. But I do hear good things about the hunter safety system, I just didn't see spending the extra $50 ($50 compared to $100) when there didn't seem to be a big difference to me.
    I live life at full draw....

I like my tree spider. I have the scentblocker coat that it clips inside so it's very handy and comfortable to wear. $79.99
    Last edited by packerfan1094; 11-15-2014 at 08:05 PM.

I got my Summit Sop on eBay for 35. Nice harness.

I have been very happy with the tree spider system. Not the cheapest, but I am a big guy 6'2 250lb and I feel like it would hold. I also got the "live wire" emergency descent add on. I hope I never need it - but the thought of hanging for hours did not sound good. The live wire ( at least claims) will lower you to the ground in case of a fall. It's a single use - but in my mind - worth every penny if it works as advertised!

I've been using a Summit Seat of the Pants, same as BUSHMAN said, for the past 5 years and i dont think you can beat it. Easy to get on/ off, adjusts easy, and with no problem doubles as a linemans harnass when hanging stands. Good luck!!

You know what the best harness is... the one you like the most and wear. I have a gorilla G30 that I like it has metal parachute quick release buckles so I am able to get it on and off quickly. Find one that you like and will wear and go for it. Get a rope/choker style tree strap with a prusik loop on it and you will be good to go with a fast and adjustable setup.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I have had a HSS since for a long time. I wear it everytime and it's easy. However, it is impossible to wash. I got it wet earlier this year and it started to smell like mildew. You can't put them through the washer

I bought the HSS a few years ago and really like it. To be honest I never really used the ones I had previously as they were such a hassle. Not only do I use the HSS while sitting but I do when hanging stands too. I really like the rope style tree strap.

OHBooner- I wash mine on gentle cycle and let it hand to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_archer View Post
    You know what the best harness is... the one you like the most and wear. I have a gorilla G30 that I like it has metal parachute quick release buckles so I am able to get it on and off quickly. Find one that you like and will wear and go for it. Get a rope/choker style tree strap with a prusik loop on it and you will be good to go with a fast and adjustable setup.
    Amen to this...

Thread Information