Thread: Stolen Camera!!!!!

Stolen Camera!!!!!

Remember I told you guys about that person that set up a blind close to one of my stands? Well, I put a camera by this stand about 2 weeks ago cause this spot really heats up mid to late October and into November. A couple days later I noticed he put a camera up as well. I checked the camera 2 times and had a couple decent bucks on it, no monsters but decent ones. I was going to check it this morning after my hunt and the camera was gone. I had a lock on it and the lock was still on the tree. The camera had some plastic braces you could run a lock through and they must have broke off those braces. I also noticed the other guys camera was gone. My guess is he took mine then took his down so I wouldn't snatch his, even though I wouldn't do that. The land owner told me about the big one is back around his house again and he saw him not far from my stand. I'm just wondering if he saw the big one on his camera and didn't want me to see that big one so he took it. The camera was still there on Friday.

man that sucks, I HATE when a camera gets stolen
    and its also why I have said SO many times, camera makers would make a fortune if they added GPS trackers to the camera's
    almost every dam cell phone today has one, WHY camera makers don't add them, and then OFFER a pay for fee to track option, I have NO idea
    I KNOW for a fact I would have paid a good $$ to have them lead me to a stolen camera more than once
    love a little face to face time with some of these crooks! LOL

but honestly, I never place a camera near anyone else's for this reason
    its SORRY< its asking for your's to grow legs
    shame other hunters steal from each other, but its VERY common practice it seems
    If I wa sa crook, I could have stolen about 500 cam's over the past 10+ yrs
    yet never took a one, NOT my way
    I have sadly had about 25 or more stolen from me!!

TRAIL CAM MAKERS Listen UP
    ADD GPS Tracking systems to CAMERA"S
    you missing out on a LOT of MONEY

I would never touch anyone else's camera but I do usually walk in front of them and wave. It's all on public land so why not have some fun. Sorry about your camera.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

On my farm we have never had a problem but I have read about how to protect your cameras. It isn't cheap but one way is to put another camera up in a tree watching your other camera!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mooosie View Post
    On my farm we have never had a problem but I have read about how to protect your cameras. It isn't cheap but one way is to put another camera up in a tree watching your other camera!

that's a good way to get two camera's stolen too LOL

That thought crossed my mind. I do have a broken camera I thought about putting out as if it were taking pictures and putting up another one in a tree and catch anyone trying to steal the broken one.

I have done this, I even got a broken cam off a member on this site LOL

and I even fitted one broken camera with a can of pepper spray (marking dye too) that went off when the door was opened, used a so called pepper spray grenade, that ONCE started goes till it runs out
    and I locked the cam up tight, but made it easy to take off the tree!
    HOPING who ever took it would open it in there home and screw up there area with BLUE marking dye and some nasty fumes for a few days!

well camera was stole ALL I got was pictures of the BACK side of who took it(off second cam up a tree) so I never seen who took it

I never seen anyone local with blue dye on there hands or face(I even asked local stores if they seen any customers with it too)
    so, all I ended up doing was working a lot harder(carrying ladder into place second cam 15ft up a tree)

and I lost a the dummy cam
    BUT I do think someone got a nasty surprise when they opened it up LOL
    and that makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside ! LOL

I still say Cam makers are missing the boat on NOT offering tracking service on cams
    like I said, every darn cell phone has them, they cannot be that costly to have
    have it so you,
    pay to activate and track, and they can make a TON of money I bet off folks that have there cam's stolen!!
    I Know I would have paid a bunch to get mine back !!

It would make me feel good knowing I had given some thief my very best , pepper spray😂

Thread Information