I want to share some wild boar info with the members here

the first thing I always tell people, Boars almost always keep traveling the direction they are going very rarely they turn and go in opposite direction if they are going north and you are coming on them going south you will need to turn and head them off ambush style ( get ahead of them and plan the attack) I cannot answer why they travel the way they do, if you get in front of one or one charges you either side step them by 3' , hurdle them( the least safest) or jump on the side of the tree you need atleast 3' MIN CLEARENCE up down or sideways . Hogs will almost always charge or try and OR go around you but like i stated ! very rarely they will turn and run where they came from think of pigs in a hog lot ,wild boars react the same way BUT MORE VIOLENTLY, THEY ARE DANGEROUS!!!!!

I ALWAYS recommend hunting them on atv's , horses etc etc

unless you have dogs they will be hard to locate but with time and patience you can find them in the right places there is one trick to baiting these hogs get dried field corn and soak it in fuel oil I have no idea why hogs love fuel oil but they cannot leave it alone

In Ohio the best place is wayne national forest more specifically between New Straightsville and Nelsonville

keep in mind when hunting wayne national forest you cannot take your transportation off the trails this law makes it even more challenging

IF anyone is interested in hunting let me know I am trying to get groups together for regular hunting

hope this helps some and gets a few people interested