Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaDue

LaDue

Did anyone hunt Ladue during the 08 deer season?

Re: LaDue

I haven't, but where is that.
    Don't ever let the truth get in the way, of a good story

I am new to OH and I was thinking of checking out parts of La Due to hunt for this year.

It's in Northeast Ohio

Being in west central is probably why I hadn't heard of it, thanks and good luck.
    Don't ever let the truth get in the way, of a good story

Once duck season starts, that whole area around the river becomes a zoo till the middle of December.

Slash,

Even the southern part of La Due along the river? I am talking south of 422.

If Ladue sucks then what is the best public land area in the northeast for bowhunting?

The area south of 422 is also really busy during duck season because its deeper and wider. So the can get bigger boats with bigger motors in there. The only thing that might change is that the resturant on 422 that used to alow boat hunters to launch there, is not going to allow it any more. They can still launch at rapids road launch but its a haul . There are some areas of the Akron Water shed that are back from the main river that could be hunted. ( Aqulla and rapid rd) But trust me during duck season on weekends it will sound like a war around there.

I spent most of this season hunting areas south of 422 because they looked really good during my early season scouting. But I will tell you dont spend too much of your time down there because the small game hunters run those patches of woods with there dogs almost constantly. I found this out the hard way. So between the small game hunters and the duck hunters there isnt alot of quite time and the deer (i didnt see any) are few and far between. I have had the best luck early in the season off of rapids road and 700 but that was only in the early season once duck season starts its tough and after shotgun season you may be better off finding a new area because the amish run and gun both all the public land on 700 and rapids road and shoot anything that moves :(
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information