Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Members - who is still here?

Yea this place is so slow I hardly bother to come by. Additionally, other sites I used to frequent have had a major drop off in participation. I attribute some of this to social media as it seems more and more people move to use facebook groups or Instagram, etc to share hunting/fishing experiences, pictures, or just to tell each other they are doing it wrong. Thats the trend I see. Not that the analysis is meaningful but thats what I am seeing. People want the instant feedback and likes more than to connect and have a discussion.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Zachc where abouts is your wife's family in Al.?

still here

Senior Member zach-the-deer-slayer's Avatar
    Only stop by once a year...
    This place used to be poppin and the big contest was something I looked forward to every year. What the heck happened?
    SWAMP DONKEY ASSASSINS!
    We ain't assin around!

I'm still around but haven't checked in here in 2 year's or so(?). Good to see radicalxl is still kicking and I've stay in contact with hortontotor on a fairly regular basis. We've been out coon hunting and fished a few times in the past few years. When I joined this site back in 2010 it was a popping site with tons of active members and the fall deer contest was a blast. I joined this site as a newbie deer hunter with no kills and that continue for several seasons. I now score at least one deer since the 2013 season, though a battle with DVT and PE (blood clots in my legs and lungs) has me sitting out this season this far. It's sad to see a site that was so alive with discussions etc. die, but unfortunately things change. But at least this site gave me a hunting mentor and good friend...hortontotor :)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by zach-the-deer-slayer View Post
    Only stop by once a year...
    This place used to be poppin and the big contest was something I looked forward to every year. What the heck happened?
    Well, you left and only stopped in every once in awhile. More people left and only stopped in but didnt post much. vicious cycle that added up to this place being dead. I also believe there was also a similar ohio themed outdoor forum that launched and may have added to the demise.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information