Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Members - who is still here?

Hybrid View

Yea this place is so slow I hardly bother to come by. Additionally, other sites I used to frequent have had a major drop off in participation. I attribute some of this to social media as it seems more and more people move to use facebook groups or Instagram, etc to share hunting/fishing experiences, pictures, or just to tell each other they are doing it wrong. Thats the trend I see. Not that the analysis is meaningful but thats what I am seeing. People want the instant feedback and likes more than to connect and have a discussion.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Zachc where abouts is your wife's family in Al.?

still here

Senior Member zach-the-deer-slayer's Avatar
    Only stop by once a year...
    This place used to be poppin and the big contest was something I looked forward to every year. What the heck happened?
    SWAMP DONKEY ASSASSINS!
    We ain't assin around!

I'm still around but haven't checked in here in 2 year's or so(?). Good to see radicalxl is still kicking and I've stay in contact with hortontotor on a fairly regular basis. We've been out coon hunting and fished a few times in the past few years. When I joined this site back in 2010 it was a popping site with tons of active members and the fall deer contest was a blast. I joined this site as a newbie deer hunter with no kills and that continue for several seasons. I now score at least one deer since the 2013 season, though a battle with DVT and PE (blood clots in my legs and lungs) has me sitting out this season this far. It's sad to see a site that was so alive with discussions etc. die, but unfortunately things change. But at least this site gave me a hunting mentor and good friend...hortontotor :)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Thread Information