Thread: Bear Advice

Threaded View

being a guy that has bears about him pretty regular, MY advice is, STOP putting bait out IF you are
    Bait will keep a bear coming back and once he is ON the bait, IT ain't going far from it
    I HIGHLY doubt it will bother you in any way shape of form as long as you let it KNOW your in the area
    bears are NOT aggressive by nature, but a startled ANYTHING can be un predictable

bears will prefer to NOT be about Humans, BUT if food is there, they MIGHT just ignore you and eat and care less about you!

other wise hunt as you would any other time is MY advice

I have about 30 yrs of UP close and personal experience with bears and NOT a single BAD encounter to date
    they DO give hints to there moods
    a bear clicking its teeth at you is a BIG RED FLAG Warning, A BEAR GRUNT/GROWLING AT YOU IS A WARNING, A BEAR SNORTING huffing AT YOU IS A WARNING
    ANY OF THE ABOVE, , the clicking of the teeth tends to come LAST and they mean business when doing that!

if you hear these sounds, ! its time to back away slowly and I am a FAN of talking to the bear in a loud but NOT aggressive voice

MOST bears will also Bluff charge too, its what they do with each other, and will do the same to humans that get TOO close

the two most dangerous bears in the woods is a SCARED one and a Starving one,(HIGHLY dangerous is a startled mother bear with young) as both will be un predictable as to what they might view you as!
    next will be a cornered one, or a wounded one
    99.9 % of all bear encounters end with the bear leaving/fleeing LONG before you even knew you were NEAR one
    there nose is about 50 times better than a deer's
    so, they tend to sense you long in advance
    thus why that startled one that missed you till your on top of it, gets it doing odd things, as you beat its main defense and that makes it to react, and not plan its moves!

as I said, I have a TON of bear experience and knowledge, learned from some of the best over the yrs!

first one here is a 600+ lb male, then him and a 350 lb female he was courting this spring, and then some others after my apple's and bird seeds that fall out of feeder onto my deck
    this time of yr I have bears here almost daily, so, YUP, I know pears pretty well LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails moma.jpg   v-moma.jpg   bears and apples 001.jpg   bears and apples 004.jpg   bear on deck 2.jpg  

Thread Information