Thread: In the stand

Hybrid View

Congrats on the fine buck.

I have been out the past 3 day. 2 nearly all day sits and today I walked and walked from 8-12:30 and covered lots of ground in the rain and still have yet to see as much as a tail. So no deer to report here. I havnt been seeing them when driving, no road kills. Its just dead. I talked to a guy today that has hunted the last 11 or so hunting days in PA and he said he only saw 2-3. I am pretty disheartened. But I guess there is always tomorrow. May have to try somewhere different tomorrow.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Good job zach!!!!! After being on vacation for 2 weeks and seeing about 6 deer, Thursday it finally broke. I didn't shoot any thing but I saw 8 bucks and 3 does. Had one decent buck as close as 40 yards but wasn't taking that shot. I did take a shot at a Long Beard but underestimated the distance and shot under him. So far this morning I've seen 2 small bucks. Hoping to at least put a decent one down before I go back to work Saturday night.

Thanks guys. Anyone have any luck this week? I'm going to hit up behind the house in the morning and see what, if anything, is moving back there. Tuesday on the way to work I saw a decent buck chasing a doe across a cut bean field. With these cooler temps sticking around finally I think the rut should be in fill swing here anytime! Hoping to drop a nice fat doe in the morning tho. But I'll be happy just to see some deer back there...
    I live life at full draw....

Thread Information