Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: In the stand

No. Didn't see anything. probably go out next on weds.
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Seen 2 little deer about 60 yards away nothing else bumped something going to the stand this morning though windy all day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Will go tomorrow morning.

I know this is a deer hunting thread but in February I'm going on a hog hunt in Florida with an outfitter. May look into gator hunting too if the price is right. Yes, I will be using a bow. This will be my first hunt with an outfitter.

MOTF let up know how it goes man. Any new discussion on here is welcome.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Sounds like fun. Please post the details and successes!

Went to my stand on Tues. which I haven't used since end of gun week. Got in late after daybreak due to a truck accident on the road. Wasn't in the stand 30 min. Listening to squirrels. Out came a doe behind me then 5 more followed. I was sure a buck would be with them but no good. They browsed right in front 20-25 yds for 20 minutes. Fun to watch. Should have taken a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jal5 View Post
    Went to my stand on Tues. which I haven't used since end of gun week. Got in late after daybreak due to a truck accident on the road. Wasn't in the stand 30 min. Listening to squirrels. Out came a doe behind me then 5 more followed. I was sure a buck would be with them but no good. They browsed right in front 20-25 yds for 20 minutes. Fun to watch. Should have taken a picture.
    That's good to hear Jal! I haven't been out in a few weeks but I dumped some corn and pulled my camera card yesterday. MUCH to my surprise, on DEC 18th I had a nice doe, a button buck, 5 pointer, ok 8 pointer, and the big 12 were all in front of the stand on and off from about 2:45-4:00 in the afternoon! The first daytime videos I've had all year...woohoo finally! Hopefully that's a good trend.

And you should have taken a picture...and taken some backstraps! Lol
    I live life at full draw....

Yes back straps

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I decided before the season started that I would only shoot a decent buck on that property. So far only a small 6 in Oct. seen.

Thread Information