Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: In the stand

I feel ya motf! And I completely agree. I have still yet to see but I think 1 doe while on stand all year but several bucks, and its usually the other way. I have only hunted once since gun week and I usually lay low for a few weeks after just cuz of pressure. I may try to slide out tomorrow if I can get into my uncles if not I'll prolly just sleep in. I know there are deer running behind the house cuz I have them on camera but still 0 in the daylight. It won't surprise me if the state lowers the amount of doe tags able to be filled next year. All the guys I hunt with and talk to that hunt say the same thing, can't find any does! In the last 2-3 weeks within 2 miles of the house I have seen 4 does hit on the side of the road, I know they're out there.
    I live life at full draw....

So I never made it out Sunday but I did check the corn pile and camera. As expected the corn was demolished so I dumped some more. As far as the camera goes, week before last had, what...6-8 different bucks, and last week there was a bunch of videos of does, one small 4 pointer and one of the same decent 8 pointers, and still not a single daytime video. Its crazy how these deer come and go. So woods behind the house is about 12-15 acres and from what I can tell seems to be used just as they travel from one area to the next. Any recommendations on how to get them in front of the stand during daylight hours???..

Mrbb i never tried those arctic shields with only socks and heat packs. Try it and let us know. I usually throw heat packs on top of my leather insulated boots inside arctic shields

Jal5, I have not tried it with the arctic shield one's but have many times with my Ice breaker Boot blanket , have done this on all day sits in Alberta in -20 degree weather for 10+ hrs at a time and been way warmer than if I had boots on
    and the main reason is, boot insulate in both directions they keep heat IN your boot and OUT of your boot, where when you only have good wool socks on, in side a boot blanket, the heat from the heat back does more for your toes
    I don't hunt really anymore, so doubt I will get a chance to use the Arctic shield one's
    but Have there jacket and bibs and they do work pretty well to reflect heat back at you
    the parka I have , doing even light work I will sweat brains out in, in sub zero temps, use it a lot when on a tractor or atv plowing snow in dead of winter!, only thing I dislike about it, it it has very short arms in the jacket and parka, other wise a great cold weather jacket IMO

but If I still hunted a lot, I would for sure be using the arctic shield booty's without boots on when in a blind or in a big safe tree stand to do so!

Well I will be out Saturday evening and pretty much all day Christmas anyone else going to be out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am heading out this afternoon.
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Quote Originally Posted by whodey1966 View Post
    I am heading out this afternoon.
    Have any luck whodey?

I will be out Christmas

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

the last buck I shot in Ohio was on Christmas evening on public land, had the place to myself,
    Land owners I normally hunt land, , his wife asked me not to hunt X mas day, LOL
    worked out pretty good
    so best of luck to you

Anyone have any luck in the stand the last few days? Also want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, stay safe, and let us not forget our brothers and sisters over seas defending our freedom. Oohrah!

Thread Information