Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: In the stand

Well this morning was a bust, set up plenty early and sat til a lil after 11 and didn't see one deer. Kinda weird cuz I've seen something every time I've sat out here this year and the weather was about perfect this morning. I'm thinking all of the fields that border this woods are now picked and maybe they've moved to the few remaining fields with crops in them still, idk. Anyway, back in the same stand now so we'll see what happens tonight.
    I live life at full draw....

Struck out again this evening, didn't see anything moving. Gonna try to sit behind the house in the morning. Anyone else have some good luck?
    I live life at full draw....

Saturday morning I only saw 2 and they were running full bore and about 80 yards away. Couldn't even tell what they were. Thought for sure it would have been a much better day.

It's been really slow in my area, heading out this afternoon after yard work.
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Don't forget to move your alarms back 1 hour as the sunrise will be 1 hour earlier now.

Nothing at all Sat. Morning. Cold and clear no wind at all but no deer at all either

I've hunted in both Pike and Noble counties for about the past week. Last few days... does have gone underground for the most part. Fawns have separated from does somewhat. 90% of the deer that are seen are bucks. I'd say the first does are being bred for sure.

Today Is my first day out. Nothing happening here. At least not yet
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Another slow morning. Saw 2 dinks. Taking a break then headed back out for an evening hunt.

Still a bunch of nothing but squirrels. I will be hanging out here until about 3 then calling it a day.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information