Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: In the stand

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTheFall View Post
    Yeah, very few. Not many people I know have taken any either. Any one hear any numbers from gun season?
    There you go numbers don't lie only the poachers and people saying they see deer every time they are in a tree

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Isn't that quite a bit below last year?

Getting ready for the evening hunt. All I can say is its cold out here. I haven't been out in nearly a month so it's almost like opening day minus the temperature. I will let you all know how it goes. Wish me luck!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTheFall View Post
    Getting ready for the evening hunt. All I can say is its cold out here. I haven't been out in nearly a month so it's almost like opening day minus the temperature. I will let you all know how it goes. Wish me luck!!!!!
    Flurries here in plain city area good luck and dress warm

I lied, I guess I went 16 days ago, but it seemed like forever, lol.

Here we go again. Getting my self moving for my 6th all day hunt of PA rifle season. Missed a doe yesterday at 108 yards trotting across an open field. Good thing was it was just a hair cut no blood drawn. I guess I was a little overzealous with the swing on the moving deer. Out at it again. It got darn cold last night hopefully the deer are in the picked crop fields.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

well good luck there Nomad, getting cold now for doing all day sits, all the more so if no one is moving them deer pressure tens to make them sit tight in most places, and moving to food late evenings

might be better off still hunting mid day?

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_archer View Post
    Here we go again. Getting my self moving for my 6th all day hunt of PA rifle season. Missed a doe yesterday at 108 yards trotting across an open field. Good thing was it was just a hair cut no blood drawn. I guess I was a little overzealous with the swing on the moving deer. Out at it again. It got darn cold last night hopefully the deer are in the picked crop fields.
    Snowing here in galion ohio nice and cold good luck out there

Thursday night I saw 3 right before I got down, had to wait them out. This evening I got down and went to grab my scent rag and I saw a tail waving at me. Even with the cold and snow I can't seem to catch them moving at a decent time. Next week we are expecting colder air yet so maybe that will do the trick.
    Last edited by ManOfTheFall; 12-09-2016 at 11:08 PM.

Hopefully I can make it out tomorrow have a furnace to replace tomorrow for someone without heat in the morning and a Christmas party to go to but think I will have a belly ache before we have to go to party and wife and kids will go without me lol

Thread Information