Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: In the stand

Saturday evening was a bust. There were coyotes going crazy for about the last hour of the hunt a couple hundred yards away. I couldn't see what was going on though. First nice cool evening hunt of the season and it was ruined by yotes.

Well good luck motf. I got to the woods plenty early this morning, lasted down a lil scent and went to climb in the treestand that has been there for a good 15 years... wait, where's the stand, I know its right here I've only sat in it a million times, where did it go??? Yeah that was how my morning started! Come to find out that someone had driven an ATV into my uncles woods cut his treestand canopy and ladder stand down and hauled it off! Well these dumb m-f-ers weren't smart enough to think that their ATV would leave tracks in the freshly plowed bean field. We were able to track them into the stand and back out, out along the edge of the field for about 400 yards and back into his neighbors woods. Got about 30 years in the woods and lost tracks. These worthless pos sum b*tches really piss me off! No one had permission to be in my uncles or his one neighbors woods, they know exactly where they were going and what they were getting. Like I said this stand has been there since I was a teenager and was a great stand to hunt. Prolly some heroin heads that needed their next fix...or maybe meth heads!
    I live life at full draw....

On a positive note I did see quite a few deer this morning tho! Had a handful of them move in on me before daylight, one walked 6-7 yards from the stand. After 8 o'clock I didn't see a single deer.

seen a LOT of dead bucks on the hi ways here last week or so, a crazy amount to be honest! haven't been out so don't know if there is any early chasing going on or what
    but we have also had some CRAZY wild storms, major flooding and record breaking HIGH temps
    then 2 days of madness rains and high winds

I think this next week is supposed to be way better, a drop in temps at night and less wind

should only get better from here on out for you guys, hang in there!!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck there Zach. I am going out Monday and Tuesday evenings. Then My last night of work is Wednesday night and I will be off for the next 16 days. So I will be hitting it hard those 2 weeks. Hoping for great weather and even better hunting!!!!!

Didn't see anything yesterday Good luck motf

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Monday evening I saw one doe. I didn't get out Tuesday evening but I did get some stuff done at one stand site I've been putting off and did a couple other chores before my big vacation starts. I will definitely be hitting it Thursday evening and Friday morning.

I'm really pumped up about Thursday's evening hunt. I have heard a lot about buck activity is really starting to heat up and the spot I'm headed to is where I always see most of the big boys every fall. Just have that feeling. Hoping to get a shot at Big Brow Double Drop!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160921_120949.jpg  

Good luck hope it works out for you a little windy this morning stay safe

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good luck out there tonight motf! Hopefully everything comes together for you. I still can't get over how big that guy is lol.

Thread Information