Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: In the stand

Well that's sucks. Maybe the morning will bring better luck.
    I live life at full draw....

Anyone out?

Saturday morning was a bust, didn't see any at all. Next time out might be Monday evening.

Sure this hot weather didn't help any! Lol. I won't be able to get back out until at least next weekend, which prolly won't be bad cuz of the weather. But gotta try to get my truck back together before the cold hits. Should be able to this week or next weekend.

weather is just so up and down any more, its crazy
    was 28 in the AM here on Friday, and almost 80 here today>
    went from thinking we were off to a GOOD Normal fall, to , now its like summer time again?

I wish weather was more like it was 20 yrs ago
    when summer was summer, Fall was Fall and winter was winter
    could count on temps for all seasons to be close

mow it can be 80 in dec and 40 in july here?
    CRAZY! and it suchs at the same time!

Yeah I agree mrbb. Especially the last handful of years, I know that the weather has played a huge part in screwing with the rut. IMO hot and cold temps bouncing back and forth, threw a lot of bucks cruising at night instead of during daylight hours, not all of course but my trail cams here agree with me. 84° here today and tomorrow and then 61° Saturday, wtf? Guess the one good thing is you can always plan on hunting one of the cold fronts that push in and drop temps 10-15° from one day to the next. Hopefully I'll be able to take advantage of it this weekend.

I will probably be in the stand this morning and Wednesday morning regardless of weather. Then I probably wont get back out til Saturday evening. I might try and get a hunt in Thursday evening if I can manage to squeeze it in there.

Tuesday I saw nothing. Wednesday morning I saw one nice doe I considered taking but she busted me so that went by the way side real fast. She didn't blow at me or anything she just didn't like what she saw so she turned and trotted off. I didn't go Thursday evening but I think I'm going out Friday evening instead of the football game, then also Saturday evening.

I'll be in the stand early in the morning. I'm gonna have to call the boss, cuz this cold front that moved in is making me feel "cough cough"...sick...lol. My buddy went out tonight and saw a handful of deer, said he was able to put a shot on a big 6 pointer but wanted to play it safe and let him lay overnight due to how he was acting after the shot. He's going back in the morning yo try to find him. Should be a good morning to be in the woods tomorrow, and hopefully this wind dies down by then.

I saw several Friday evening but nothing I wanted. Hopefully Saturday evening works out better. I'm going after Big Brow Double Drop Saturday. Gonna be right by his bedroom.

Thread Information