Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: In the stand

It was a really good day for being in the stand today. Saw 6 does and 2 bucks. The larger buck an 8 was out of range. The small 6 showed up twice once dogging a hot doe right behind my stand. I let them pass did a good thing for this EHD herd.

Another good morning. Saw 8 deer and could have shot two does but am not shooting any does due to the herd taking a beating with EHD here. Then that 8pt shows up out of nowhere just as i turn to look left. He goes behind a big tree and i bleat at him to pause but still no shot. He took off trotting but didn’t seem really spooked.

So I had a good morning in the stand, although they were all small i saw 3 bucks behind the house. The 1st came in to 10 yards and then the other 2 were walking together. It doesn't sound like much but being that I hardly see deer while in the stand back there, 3 in 1 sit is great lol. Then this evening Had a small buck walk across the field in front of the house and back into the woods which is good. Sounds like the corn on the back of the woods was being picked tonight so hopefully that'll help with some deer movement.
    I live life at full draw....

I gotta ask...has anyone seen much rut activity this year?? Scrapes, rubs, chasing, etc? For me I have pretty much seen 0, silch, none. About 2 scrapes and a couple rubs, and doesn't seem they are staying in the scrapes and keeping them active.

Also this year I have a lot of pics/videos of yearnings (does and button bucks) still hanging out with the larger does?? Shouldn't the mature does have "kicked them away" for the rut? At least the button bucks? And then today I saw 2 bucks already running together again?? I've heard bucks kinda get back in bachelor groups somewhat after the rut, but I wouldn't think the rut is completely over where they should be grouped back up?

What kind of rut activity are y'all seeing?

I haven't hunted for over a week but the second week of november in PA was miserable. I found an area with lots of sign, scrapes, rubs, poop. But only saw a few deer. Day time movement was way down. I am guessing my vacation missed the rut this year.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Nothing here other than some light chasing and a mature buck having yeah with a doe

Anyone out for gun opener

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Anyone still out there trying to fill a tag?

I have one left and hopefully will be able to put one more slickhead in the freezer.

HAHA< I haven't even bought a hunting lic, or tags this yr at all, so, I'm not out there trying to fill any tags, but have been out a lot wandering the woods here, and been upstate NY snowmobiling, got like 6+ ft in many area's I was at, but WOW< last few days been super cold, Thursday morning was minus 34 and NOT joking

but its sure looking like this site is almost at its end, went right thru deer season and almost NO pick up on posts
    I think this site won't be here next yr at this rate!

I'm cool on the negative temps mrbb lol. Last night we got our first significant snowfall of the year, about 3-4 inches, and it's just now starting to get real cold...but nothing in the minus. As far as this site being up next year, I think we all saw it coming unfortunately. I'll keep poking my head in here every now and then until it shuts down tho.

yeah I don't mind the cold either, have sat up in Alberta a few times for 10+ hrs in minus 20 and lower temps all day ina tree LOL

as for site, I pop in now and then, but seldom see anything, but do try and reply to thing when I see them, hoping maybe others will too, but its SLOW in here for sure and just keeps getting slower
    best of luck filling your tag and have a good new yrs

Thread Information