Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: In the stand

Soooo......?
    I live life at full draw....

Ok fellas so I need to vent to someone who understands...I think I've posted on here before about the neighbor who hunts with the hawks, I've ran into him a few times back behind the house and he's asked me about my stand and literally tracked his dogs right in front of it after he asked me about it, then he also steps in one of my scrapes that I just freshened and asked "are these yours or the deer's?" Well bud they are 15-20 yards in front of my stand so I'm pretty sure they're mine!!! That's just a couple times I've ran into back there. Tonight I hear a beagal going crazy and here comes a rabbit and 2 of his beagals and him tromping thru my yard and the woods, and wouldn't you know it, its about 30 minutes before dark, prime time for deer movement! Now every time I've seen him back there this year, it has been right after sunrise or right before dark, never in the middle of the day! Do y'all think that he's doing this on purpose?

I can't really say much cuz its not my woods so I gotta kind of just bite the bullet but wtf!!! Asuch time and prep I've put into making this a good stand with low pressure, it seems like he's doing this sh*t intentionally!?!

Quote Originally Posted by zachc View Post
    Ok fellas so I need to vent to someone who understands...I think I've posted on here before about the neighbor who hunts with the hawks, I've ran into him a few times back behind the house and he's asked me about my stand and literally tracked his dogs right in front of it after he asked me about it, then he also steps in one of my scrapes that I just freshened and asked "are these yours or the deer's?" Well bud they are 15-20 yards in front of my stand so I'm pretty sure they're mine!!! That's just a couple times I've ran into back there. Tonight I hear a beagal going crazy and here comes a rabbit and 2 of his beagals and him tromping thru my yard and the woods, and wouldn't you know it, its about 30 minutes before dark, prime time for deer movement! Now every time I've seen him back there this year, it has been right after sunrise or right before dark, never in the middle of the day! Do y'all think that he's doing this on purpose?

I can't really say much cuz its not my woods so I gotta kind of just bite the bullet but wtf!!! Asuch time and prep I've put into making this a good stand with low pressure, it seems like he's doing this sh*t intentionally!?!
    I would guess he is doing it on purpose I would be polite and ask him or the land owner to maybe mention it to him

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So it's been a couple weeks since I've been out. I was planning on going this past Friday and Saturday but I have a nasty cold and I want it gone before I go back out again. Muzzle loader is coming up here so I probably won't make it out until after that. I did check on the gator hunting and the pricing starts out at 1,200 for a 6 footer. Then it goes up as they get bigger. Usually 10 foot and up will be anywhere from 2200 to 2500. So it looks like the gator hunting may have to wait a bit on that.

So back to this possible neighbor issue...since at least the beginning of Nov I have been dumping corn in front of my stand. Once they found it, I have gone back about once a week and all the corn is gone. I went back Wednesday morning to dump some more (its been a week+) and I still have a decent pile there. Obviously I think "hmm what's going on?" And then the more I think, along with my last post, maybe the dang neighbor put something on my corn to keep the deer away from it. ??? What do you thijk the odds are of that? I mean for 2 months its been demolished every time I go back and now a few days after I see him back there, there is still a bunch of corn there???

Maybe his presence has spooked the deer out of the area?? Hard to tell?
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Well I went back today and checked/refilled the corn pile, which was surprisingly mostly eaten. Yesterday at 2:30 pm I got a couple pics of some yearlings eating on it. Due to family/house chores, I'm gonna to try a morning sit tomorrow with the BowTech and hopefully get a nice fat doe in front of the stand! Gettin to be crunch time fellas, anyone else still at it?

Once I get over this cold which has dragged on like forever, I plan on doing a few more hunts. I would like at least 2 more does and who knows if the big guy walks past me that's if he still has his antlers I would love to have a crack at him.

Well I was set up and checked the clock at 7:09, before I could get my gloves back on I had 2 yearlings trot in from the pines behind me. They ran straight for the corn pile and ate on it for awhile before they mozied through the woods. Only sat until a lil after 9 but didn't see anything else. Positive note was the corn pile worked perfectly, had them both at 15 yards broadside and heads behind a tree eating.

Anyone make it out for muzzleloader?

Thread Information