Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: In the stand

First Saturday of Gun season here, and this morning I had a army of hunters driving down my road, at day break I had a group of about a dozen doe bedded down in my back yard LOL
    left about 9 am and came back at just before dark and they were still laying in the same spot, I guess they figured my yard was pretty safe place for them!

DID hear a bunch of shooting in last 30 minutes of light , so,. but wow seemed like a very slow deer season here this yr

Buddy's butcher shop still hasn't broken 50 deer this whole week, a normal yr he gets that and more on opening day!

slow season I think or??

Saw only one doe this afternoon. Hardly any shooting. An extremely slow week in Jefferson Co. hardly saw a hunter driving thru town too.

Not alot of action in central ohio either

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I only went out Tuesday but hunted all day. And all my huntin crew hunted a good amount all week and all together only saw a few deer. So very slow for south/south west Ohio too (clermont/Clinton co).
    I live life at full draw....

Hunted a full day of PA rifle season yesterday and saw no deer. No one is seeing squat in PA this year.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Prepped 2 spots for the upcoming cold front. Going to hunt each one Thursday and Friday evenings. Put out 100 pounds of corn in each spot and a 20 pound sugar beet block covered in sugar beet juice by wild game innovations. Hopefully there is still a good bit there by Thursday and Friday, hoping the deer don't destroy it.

a cold snap should drive deer to easy meals, pending deer numbers that might all be gone before Friday

up here, a 100 ;lbs can be sucked up in about 2 nights when its cold out!

good news is, once they find easy food they do tend to come back and look for more even after its gone

best of luck to you
    been waiting to see some Ohio bucks here on the site being taken, by members here??
    SLOW season here it seems on getting lucky!

My buddy was able to fill a doe tag Sunday morning. My uncle finally sat Saturday and saw 5 does and a nice 10 pointer come by, couldn't get a shot at the 10. And Sunday morning he saw 6 does under the stand. Hoping now that he sees there are deer out there, he will let me back out to smoke a doe.

Good luck to anyone who will be out soon. Not sure if I will make it out this weekend or not. I also dumped 50 lbs of corn in front of the stand yesterday, since they gobbled it all up, and topped it off with some liquid sugar beet crush so we'll see if that helps bring them in.

As far as deer being posted on here... Its only been a few so far right???
    I live life at full draw....

Yeah, very few. Not many people I know have taken any either. Any one hear any numbers from gun season?

Thread Information