Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: In the stand

Hybrid View

a cold snap should drive deer to easy meals, pending deer numbers that might all be gone before Friday

up here, a 100 ;lbs can be sucked up in about 2 nights when its cold out!

good news is, once they find easy food they do tend to come back and look for more even after its gone

best of luck to you
    been waiting to see some Ohio bucks here on the site being taken, by members here??
    SLOW season here it seems on getting lucky!

My buddy was able to fill a doe tag Sunday morning. My uncle finally sat Saturday and saw 5 does and a nice 10 pointer come by, couldn't get a shot at the 10. And Sunday morning he saw 6 does under the stand. Hoping now that he sees there are deer out there, he will let me back out to smoke a doe.

Good luck to anyone who will be out soon. Not sure if I will make it out this weekend or not. I also dumped 50 lbs of corn in front of the stand yesterday, since they gobbled it all up, and topped it off with some liquid sugar beet crush so we'll see if that helps bring them in.

As far as deer being posted on here... Its only been a few so far right???
    I live life at full draw....

Yeah, very few. Not many people I know have taken any either. Any one hear any numbers from gun season?

Hopefully I can make it out tomorrow have a furnace to replace tomorrow for someone without heat in the morning and a Christmas party to go to but think I will have a belly ache before we have to go to party and wife and kids will go without me lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

“I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Congrats nomad!!!!!

Congrats nomad! That's a h*ll of a shot! Nice back straps in the freezer.
    I live life at full draw....

Thanks guys. It was by far the longest shot I have taken. Good thing is I knew I had enough gun for the job. In the picture you can see the exit. The shot center punched the other shoulder.

I gotta say thanks to mrbb who helped me decide on the 300 win mag 5 or 6 years ago. I was amazed at how fast the bullet go there and that it still had an exit. I know that gun has lots of range but it is impressive to see first hand.
    Last edited by nomad_archer; 12-10-2016 at 07:23 AM.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

congrats to you Nomad, meat for the table is always a welcome end to a PA gun season
    and MAN its been a odd one here from what I know?

today, however, I seen the largest PA buck I ever laid eye's on, an absolute monster, and came to about 3 ft from it with the front of my truck at about 65 mph LOL
    had to be a min of a 190+ inch buck, just massive, after I nearly ran it over I got to watch it run then walk away for about a 100 yards into a small patch of woods in bewteen two ON ramps, a small island of woods between the Hiways
    I bet that sucker has been living there for yrs and NO one will ever get him in that maybe 3 acre piece of land surrounded by HI way, a car or truck maybe, but a hunter??
    I almost think had I been driving my old truck I wouldn;'t have slammed the brakes on like I had to to miss him LOL

BUt WOW< what a buck I seen today here in PA, last day of buck season to boot! HAHA!

Thread Information