Thread: 2 Part Question?????

Hybrid View

I dont intentionally shoot fawns. Or yearling deer. But sometimes it happens. At times I find it difficult to judge the size of a deer if there are no other deer to compare it with. I would much prefer to shoot a older deer because there is more meat and its the same amount of butchering work if the deer is 1 year old or 4.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I agree, that I would probably let an arrow fly at a piebald fawn. I have never seen one in my area or known anybody in the area to get any trail cam pics or harvest any. While I agree passing on fawns is the right thing to do, I would probably shoot it if given the opportunity in this particular situation.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    I would never intentionally use a tag on a fawn, even if it were a piebald. We had a doe that was a piebald on our place there in Ohio that we called off limits, but you cannot control what the neighbors do though and she disappeared that same year. With that said I have shot a few fawns in years past and every time it was a single deer coming through and did not size it up well enough to determine how big it was. It happens. My first deer though was a button buck and it was actually a pretty big deer considering it was only that years fawn.

Thread Information