Thread: 2 Part Question?????

Hybrid View

2 Part Question?????

How many of you shoot fawns knowing it is a fawn? Question 2 If you don't normally shoot fawns would you shoot a piebald fawn if given the chance?

The one place I hunt it is forbidden to shoot yearlings or fawns or does that have fawns with them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I do not... nothing against others for doing it. I just enjoy the thrill of smoking an old nanny more than a yearling.

I cannot see the point or need to do so, I think shooting a fawn KNOWING its a fawn, is a poor choice to anyone but maybe a kid trying to get there first kill in and don't care WHAT that happens to be

unless you really NEED the meat, and your NOT getting much, so the cost of lic tag, and time hunting, is a small reward there, sort of a waste of money no??

and I wouldn;t shoot cause its a piebald deer either, WHY, I'd be embarrassed to have it mounted in my home and then tell folks I killed it on purpose

just cause one can , doesn't mean they should IMO?

I have to agree, no fawns in the freezer here. And nothing against someone who does, maybe you only have limited time to get in the stand throughout the season, maybe you spend all season in the stand and that's all you can get in range, you never know. As far as a piebald fawn...I gotta admit I might have to let an arrow go on that one. For the simple fact of I've never seen or heard of any around my area (not saying they're not out there) and you might only get 1 shot ever at one so...ehh why not. And sorry mrbb but I would not be embarrassed to have it in my house and tell people I killed it, any deer harvested is respected and put to good use in our house.
    I live life at full draw....

I respect all of your guys opinions, that's why I come on here and ask. I usually don't shoot fawns either but in this case I think I would make that exception. It would be a great looking trophy in my room and I would proudly display a full body mount to give it the respect it deserves.

I think that most of us have shot yearlings before it happens to the best of us

Quote Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
    I think that most of us have shot yearlings before it happens to the best of us

doing it by accident and doing on purpose are two totally different things
    this question states if you KNEW it was fawn would you shoot it??

I have left many piebald deer go, even left a all white doe go for a few seasons and never thought about killing her

she produced several other piebald deer as well
    also at same time was a all white buck, he went from a button to a 4 pointer to a 6 and then an 8, when he was an 8 I tried to kill him, came close many times but could never close the deal, then he went MIA
    out of hunting season I got to about 10 ft of him many many times
    was actually the most patterned deer I ever hunted, he was like clock work on where he traveled, right until gun season, then he crawled into a hole I think for 2 weeks LOL

But I have no desire to shoot a fawn of any color knowingly, unless it was a BIG buck, I don't think I would shoot any all white deer either!

I know accidents happen and if I knew it was a fawn I wouldn't let it fly

Thread Information