Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer sightings

Summer sightings

Anyone seeing any promising bucks this summer? I have seen a LOT of does this spring/summer and a few small bucks here and there. So far the only good bucks I've seen was about 3 weeks ago in the middle of the day, as I was driving to work they stepped out of a small thicket into a bean field about 50-60 yards from the road. I'm telling you fellas, these 2 dudes were huge! Already pushing the 150" mark and I was able to slow down and get a very good look at them to. Of course I'm sure that property isn't able to be hunted but I'm gonna try to find out lol! But as far as by the house this year... not so good. I have 1 doe that shows up fairly regularly in the evenings, very little pics/videos during the night, and haven't had a buck on the camera's for a few months now. What's everyone else seeing this year......
    I live life at full draw....

Nothing all does and fawns

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I run a feeder some what ( in winter and then till mid summer some what, don'
    t keep it full all the timne, just add some here and there now a days!)
    But , this is the second yr in a row I haven't seen a buck in my yard, and the ONLY 2 yrs I can say that in the 20+ I am here
    and NO the bears DON"T keep them away, always have same amount of bears over the past 30+ yus here, get bears and deer at same time alal the time!

also, have a few really BIG doe's with NO fawns too, second yr ina row ion them too!

NOW if I walk a 1/4-1/2 mile behind my place(have like 10,000 acres behind me)
    I will see a LOT of small bucks and doe's and fawns, the land owner behind me has about a 100+ acres of food plots there and they really seem to be holding the critters there
    all but Bears
    I get a LOT of bears here all the time
    12 different one's so far this yr

but even on the plots haven't seen anything BIG this yr, but honestly haven't been looking for them either!
    as this will be yr 3 I ain't deer hunting , kinda got burned out on killing them LOL
    here is a couple pic's of the largest bear this yr, a honest 600+ lb one
    was here dogging a female about 25+ times over a 3 week period
    even took a nap here while she hid from him

she had him going in circles around the equipment trailer, poor guy couldn't get any closer than half a lap behind, she had him working for it!!
    she is about a 350 lb female, very large for a female too!

I got the tag number off this one too, and KNOW the real weights as he was tagged last June at 593 lbs, and he's bigger this yr!, by fall, he's an honest 750+ lb bear or more!
    a true monster of a black bear

have a second one that shows up that is about the same size but a LOT younger, this guy is OLD maybe 18+ yrs old

not sure if anyone can see the pic's , but seems like something isn't working on the site
    as pic's used to work here doing same way as always,
    made an attempt to hear from someone running/on the site, but ??? will see if they get back to me , or in any timely fashion that is, won't be holding my breath LOL

No pics mrbb not sure what's going on

yeah, they showed up, then said ACCESS DENIED
    and ?? No idea
    Oh well ,had some very nice pic's of a huge black bear, up close and personal, was about 20 ft from it as I took pic's LOl

There for a lil while I was seeing deer almost every night on my way home from work but here other last couple of weeks it seems like that has died off. Of course these 90°+ temps aren't helping at all...

Try to upload again and let me know if you have this error now... Thanks Chris
    “If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?”

ok still get this error, it comes/shows up across the top of the page as soon as I click on Relpy, and then get a second one when I click on Manage attachments?
    so cannot upload, with this warning, error??

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/functions_newpost.php on line 200

THEN I get this crap, all over all the previous posts?? here is an example cannot copy and paste EXACLTY how it looks, but its basically, the same above message just over top of print/text, covering it like, making it into a scramble oif words??

bowhuntingohio
    Try to upload again and let me know if you have this error now... Thanks Chris
    Yesterday, 05:12 AMzachc
    There for a lil while I was seeing deer almost every night on my way home from work but here other last couple of weeks it seems like that has died off. Of course these 90°+ temps aren't helping at all...
    07-28-2016, 12:03 AMmrbb
    yeah, they showed up, then said ACCESS DENIED
    and ?? No idea
    Oh well ,had some very nice pic's of a huge black bear, up close and personal, was about 20 ft from it as I took pic's LOl
    07-27-2016, 10:35 AM00buck
    No pics mrbb not sure what's going on

07-26-2016, 12:57 AMmrbb
    not sure if anyone can see the pic's , but seems like something isn't working on the site
    as pic's used to work here doing same way as always,
    made an attempt to hear from someone running/on the site, but ??? will see if they get back to me , or in any timely fashion that is, won't be holding my breath LOL
    07-26-2016, 12:57 AMmrbb

Uhh...ok lol. So anyways driving home tonight, about 10:30, up ahead I saw a small animal in the rd. Thought maybe it was a coyote, got up on it and it was a very lil fawn, spots head to hoof. I literally had to stop and keep beeping at her until she finally stumbled off into the woods, poor lil thing was clueless to what was going on, prolly wasn't a week old. I could have got out and picked her up and set her in the back seat with no problem, not sure where momma was at, hopefully still alive. Just thought it was cool....

Thread Information