Thread: What week in Nov?

What week in Nov?

I have a week of vacation i am trying to figure out what week to put it down for in Nov. I have been hunting along time and understand that no one can predict the rut, that isn't my question. My question would be in everyone's opinion what week would you want to be in the woods in Nov 2016?

I always hunted Ohio the third week of Nov, and always did well
    but I was on very good land, I don;'t think it really mattered
    the bigger issue IMO is weather, if its warm or wet, thing are always slow

but any time from last week in Oct to mid Dec you have hope of bumping into a good buck
    after gun season it gets harder , but till then, any time is good

I also think the very beginning of the season is PRIME time, as so many bucks are still in groups and predictable to food sources
    and its a under hunter time of yr, so if on public lands, you have a better shot maybe at having the place to yourself and NOT hunting pressured bucks, as they had a yr almost off
    warm weather sucks, as its a morning evening game only, but it can be great hunting!

Thanks mrbb.

IMO the last couple of years the rut here in Ohio has been a lil weird, seems that movement was either really good or really bad! Weather prolly being the number one factor. But if I had to take one week, I would prolly go with the 2nd week. But I would say from the last week of Oct through the 2nd week is gonna be your best bet.
    I live life at full draw....

I like the last week of October or the first week of November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take about 3 1/2 weeks off every year. Around October 27th to the 14th or 15th if November. If I had to take 7 day stretch it would be November 3rd to November 10th.

Thanks fellers. If all goes well i will be there nov 4th thru nov 13th.

In years past the magic date had been Nov. 3 but the heat put a stop to it last year. They kinda did their thing but at night. I was fortunate enough to kill a mature 154" but sightings during the day were slim. I'm looking at the second week of Nov. myself but God will make the final call of weather and if something walks in front of my arrow. Last year He sure did letting the biggest deer on our farm walk past at 38 yards. Our camera pictures went through the roof after I left to go a funeral last year in Dayton on the 6 the with a major change in temp. So Mrbb is right weather probably biggest factor. Good luck.
    Last edited by LAOhio; 06-18-2016 at 12:05 PM.

Thread Information