Thread: Finally Got A Buck Down!!!!!

Hybrid View

Finally Got A Buck Down!!!!!

After 6 weeks of not seeing anything over a year and half old, I finally got a chance at a decent buck. He is not one of my hit listers and normally I probably wouldn't have even shot him. It's been a long season and I put a lot of time in the stand this year and I felt good about taking this buck so I let him have it. It was about 5:10 and I saw 3 doe fawns coming. Probably the same 3 I've been seeing for quite a while now. I thought here we go again, nothing but little ones. Then I heard more foot steps coming from behind me and off to my left. Great, 2 more fawns. More foot steps directly behind me, there was 2 nice shooter does and I was planning on possibly taking one out. Then I heard more foot steps and saw 2, 1 1/2 year old bucks. I thought this is getting interesting. One more time I heard heavier more defined steps, you all know what I'm talking about. I saw rack. He wasn't what I was hoping for but I guessed him to be around 110" 8 point and I laid the smack down on him at about 12 yards. In the mean time there was several tense moments and I was wondering if I was even going to be able to get a shot off at all. I had deer off to my left, right, in front and in back of me. To top it all off my nice heavy face mask fell out of my pocket when I was getting into my car and I didn't realize it until I got to my spot. Needless to say I wasn't driving back home to get it. It was the 2nd coldest day of the season and my face and head are uncovered and I have never been in a stand without a mask. As cautious as the deer have been I thought for sure I would be busted without a mask on but I managed to pull it off. I believe my season is over unless I get an itch to fill one last tag but I believe 2025/2016 season is over and 2016/2017 has begun. Here are a few pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160105_180639.jpg   20160105_180621.jpg   20160105_180606.jpg   20160105_173138.jpg  
    Last edited by ManOfTheFall; 01-06-2016 at 01:02 AM.

Congrats great buck.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Nothing wrong with that, great buck congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Work... way to hang in there.

congrats, and yes its been very cold here too last few days
    Glad I ain't sitting in a tree right now

can always try for that bigger one next yr!!

Congrats motf! I agree ain't nothing wrong with that buck. And seems like you've had a great deer season... Congrats
    I live life at full draw....

Thanks for sharing some pictures, what a nice buck. Lots of meat for the freezer :)

Thread Information