Thread: Late Season Hunting Question?????

Hybrid View

I sat as much as I could yesterday in a good travel corridor that has 6-7 heavy trails intersecting. I sat from 8-330 and saw zero deer. I dont think they are moving much during daylight hours. I am going into the bedding area next Wednesday when I go out. It cant hurt at this juncture. I am on public land so I am just going to go for it and see what happens. Whats the worst thing I dont see anything.... again. Its .5+ mile hike back in so I will probably be alone. I only have until Jan 9th to hunt in PA
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Late season hunting anymore to me, the BEST time to be out is the LAST 2 hrs, rest of the day in my area was useless to be out, unless a storm front was rolling in or??
    way I see it in late season is ., longer your in a STAND< your just getting colder, fidgety and dropping scent, to already higher alert deer after being hunted so long in PA

even when I was on prime land, I seldom seen any deer in PA moving before last hr or so
    were always bedded LONG before sun light

so, in late season I just got on stand last 2 yr or a hair more if weather was good, or a storm was rolling in, any sudden drop in temps like, would go sooner

but after yrs of trying ALL day sits in late season, here in PA< I gave up, and just them last 2 hrs, rest of day I spent doing other things and had better luck hunting this way
    I know many will disagree, and say cannot kill one NOT being out there, BUT to me, being out there longer was hurting my odds, as scent free as I could be, I was still putting scent out, and longer you spend in ONE spot, more scent you drop in THAT spot
    so late season, I tried to NOT be in my GOOD spots long if I could help it!

Have not seen a single deer here since the first shotgun season ended.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

Thread Information