Athletic Greens

Thread: What Knives Do You Bring On Your Deer Hunt?

Ohio and Ontario Canada

Thumbs up What Knives Do You Bring On Your Deer Hunt?

Hey guys, I'm interested in hearing what kind of knives you bring with you on a hunt..

I'm a collector and love to hear about cool new knives.

I'll go first with a few from my collection:

Kabar Kukri Machete

Strong chopper, great for clearing and hacking. I have over 5 machetes but this ones my favorite.

Csar-T Tops Buck Knife

This buck knife is awesome, normally I'd go with a fixed blade but I just love the durability and quality of this folder.

Folding Credit Card Knife

This cool little knife is actually one I got for free from a survival life promotion.

It has a decent quality blade, sturdy build and yes it actually fits into the credit card area of my wallet. It makes an excellent backup tool and I have it with me ALWAYS.

The promotion is still going on and now.

You can get two of these knives for free from

I'm not sure how much longer they will be giving them away, it could end anytime.

Next month I'm planning on picking up 2-3 new blades, I'm open to suggestions!

Now you've seen mine.. what are your favorites? (machete, buck knife, EDC)

Greeneville, TN
    I carry an old Rigid RG-74. Fixed blade. Love it. Had it for years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails $T2eC16N,!y8E9s2filutBRZtn0J2fw--60_3.jpg  
    What business have I in the woods, if I am thinking of something other than the woods?- Henry David Thoreau

Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    A kershaw "needs work" that the tip is a little bent and has been mostly straightened back out. I know better but still tried to use it to pry something.....
    I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me. ~ Ted Nugent

northeast PA
    I have a 5 gallon bucket of knives or so, maybe more
    over the yrs I went from carrying a BIG fixed blade to some real small one's
    to even just carrying a razor blade to save on weight
    I do NOT care for folding blades when gutting deer, they just get gunked up and messing./harder to clean IMO

I have a few smaller 3-3.5 inch blade fixed blades with gut hooks on backs, I liked best I think
    small simple and easy to clean and sharpen
    doesn't take a big tool to gut a deer LOL

Thread Information