Thread: Good News!!!!!

Good News!!!!!

He's still alive!!!!! The big buck that I shot 9 days ago is definitely still alive. Yep, He's still alive but he does have a limp on his right front leg. Other than that he looks okay. He was off to my right and I saw him through some trees. I didn't think he'd see me so I grabbed my bow and he must of caught my movement. He turned and bounded a few steps then started walking and let out one snort. I guess in the low light I didn't account enough for the steep shot angle with him being so close. The hit actually looked half decent but because of the angle he is still walking. I did get a better look at his rack and I would guess he is a solid 160" or better. Now you all know what the rest of my season will be dedicated to.

Go get him!

good to hear you seen him and KNOW he is alive and kicking, a poor hit and NO answer to what happened to him, is a harder pill to swallow I think
    so you have peace of mind
    and NOW more motivation to get after him

so, best of luck to you getting him, sounds like a hell of a buck!

Yessir, go get him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Looks like me and Mr. Big Boy is going to be a long drawn out battle. This evening was now my 4th encounter with him. I was walking into my stand and I busted him out of his bed 25 yards away from my stand. Hopefully I can get him before gun season.

well come on now, he's waiting for you to shoot him LOL
    your just not putting in enough time maybe HAHA!
    but at least your seeing him and that's always a plus in my book
    good luck and look forward to seeing a pic with him

Do you have any cameras up on the property he's living on?
    I live life at full draw....

No, but I've been hunting this property since I've been a kid. I know where his bedroom is and I know where the feeding areas are. I have 5 stands and a blind in his core area. So, hopefully one of these times before the season is over I get him in one of these spots. Lucky for me there is not a lot of pressure here even in gun season. This is the first real time I have ever been matching wits with a buck for this long and it looks like it will be very interesting to see if I am able to get him this year.

That's awesome man! If there's not a lot of pressure there for gun season on sure he'll be hiding in there somewhere. That would just top your season off wouldn't it? Best of luck to you.
    I live life at full draw....

Thread Information