I get to my stand this evening and it seemed like conditions were right to kill a big one. I settled into the stand and the wait was on. The skies were cloudy and threatening rain and letting out a few sprinkles every now and then. The wind was steady but not to strong with some heavier gusts on occasion. It was coming down to the last hour of the hunt and I just knew it was going to happen. Suddenly, a few minutes after 6:00 I heard foot steps even with the wind blowing. I looked in the direction of the steps and I saw 2 yearling deer. Then, I knew the one I was waiting on was right behind. Sure enough, there he was. I slowly reached over and grabbed for my bow keeping an eye on the deer at the same time. They went down into a creek bed to cross over closer to me and I quickly finished getting ready. Out comes the 2 young ones and a minute or so later he steps up out of the creek bed. He is standing 25 yards away now almost perfectly broadside. I ready the bow, then I let him pass. It was just a year and a half old fork horn. Gotcha!!!!! This did actually happen Tuesday evening.