Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Tagout

Scouting on Saturday...i think there was a scrape under every overhanging branch on every logging road! I counted 16 scrapes from my stand to the field edge. It's getting better!
    Will hunt for food...will work for beer.
    Leave'r Right There!

Mneal...i sort of know where you are talking about as we've been down that way a couple times...very interesting on the properties being bought by those companies. I have the plat book for Coshocton County. If we hook up when i'm out there maybe you can show me where they are. I will be there from Friday Nov. 13th to Friday Nov. 20th...depending on how we do we might stick around for that weekend if we can find a place to stay and hunt.
    Leave'r Right There!

Quote Originally Posted by Pep4 View Post
    Monday morning about 7:30am i saw a black bear...then about 8:30am another black bear came up the same way...i'm sitting in a sag on the ridge just above a 50 acre corn field (which is big for our area of PA). Then about 9:30am i had a 3 point walk under me. Then about 15 minutes later a doe came running towards me...i got excited thinking a buck might be chasing. Nothing showed up and then the other fawn showed up and the mother stayed below me about 75 yards...good morning though as deer were active later in the morning.
    Good to here you are seeing some movement Pep4. All the guys reporting in from our camp in forest county haven't been seeing any movement. Well except black bears. They saw more bears than deer so far this year.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Opted for a turkey hunt tonight. I missed mine bit my buddy hit his at 40 yards. Unfortunately after following a great blood trail as they ran off to the woods we weren't able to recover the bird.
    Last edited by mossbergbryson; 10-27-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Things are definitely picking up. I am seeing a lot more active scrapes and deer movement. Starting to see bucks cruising as well. Vball season ended last night and I have a dinner to attend tonight... after that I will be hunting hard until tagged out.

Heck yea mneal. I'll be staying out longer from here on out till I tag out

Mneal..vball season ended? Do you officiate, coach or have kids that play? I've officiated vball for about 20 years...last night was my last regular season game and i'll probably work 2 playoff games next week...
    Leave'r Right There!

i haven't been back out since monday morning...this am it was pouring and 20mph winds with higher gusts...and still crappy out...hoping for it to settle down tonight so i can get out tomorrow morning but the weather report doesn't look good...PA only has 2 more weeks and i'll be hunting every day! unless the weather stops me...buddies have seen rutting activity, bucks chasing and grunting and being aggressive...last night i spotted up back and saw 25 deer...all does! not sure where the bucks were but thats good the does are still hanging around...no mast crops this year so they are sticking to the fields.
    Shoot straight!
    Leave'r Right There!

Good luck pep4

No hunting again this am with rain and 20mph winds...hoping to get out this afternoon but wind still whipping out there...just hope it calms down before tomorrow morning...if its a good day i might take all day off.
    Shoot Straight!
    Leave'r Right There!

Thread Information