Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Tagout

I've gettin tempted to call in sick one of these next few days with buck fever

I went out in the high winds last night... saw 5 does...4 of them together and one being pushed a little by a smaller 4 point. Wind was swirling and gusting in every direction... they never busted me but would not come any closer than about 30yds.... no shots fired.. school night. I have two daughters on the high school vball team at Tri-Valley in Dresden Pep4. One plays varsity and one is a freshman that played JV.

I didn't go out in the high winds but deer were moving early...saw several in the fields...this am i finally got back out to a nice morning hunt...just a drizzle for awhile but pretty calm...i didn't see anything! well i did see my bear again...heading back out tonight adn will get out tomorrow...no Sunday hunting in PA.
    Will hunt for food...will work for beer.
    Leave'r Right There!

Mneal...cool on the daughters playing...I had 3 boys so i didn't have to go to volleyball matches (thank God,
    lol.)
    Leave'r Right There!

hey Team Tagout lets get on the board this weekend! 2 non-school nights! :)
    Leave'r Right There!

I'm not goin out this weekend spending time with my wife and family. Weather permitting I'll be out Thursday and friday

I can't wait to get out in the woods this week. It's gonna be on like Donkey Kong!

Warm weather slowing things down last night until right at dusk. Had 6 does walk underneath me and saw a nice buck with a bad limp about 50 yds away just before the end of shooting light. He grunted at them and chased the largest one back into woods from cut cornfield. Going to be back out tonight. I set up over a creek and two does were actually wading the creek and drinking out of it. Pretty cool to watch.

I got out Saturday morning and saw a doe and a 4 point...no shot at the doe but the 4 point came under me. Monday morning i didn't see anything. Monday night a small 6 and a few does too far out in the field. Tuesday morning i saw a basket 7 point cruising.
    Leave'r Right There!

My dreaded bad archery luck struck again today...went to a spot i set a lot during the rut in a few different trees...sat there 2 other mornings and saw a small buck go below me at 40 yards one morning and the other morning a doe go below me at 40 yards...so i contemplated moving down 40 yards but figured if i did then all the deer would go right under where i usually sit...so at 7:10am a doe came bouncing out through and right on the spot 40 yards below me...sure enough 5 minutes later here come a monster right on her trail! damnit! so then i thought about getting down and moving down there quickly...then though nah he might bring her back around higher on the ridge as i've seen them do before...so 10 minutes later here come a huge buck on the doe trail...double damnit!...too late to move now right!...well 10 minutes later here comes a big buck on the doe trail...triple damnit! So 3 shooters went by me at 40 yards where i thought about moving too...when i got down i picked out a tree down there...next time i sit there i'll be in that tree...my bet is the deer go high next time i'm there! :(
    Will be out every morning and a few evenings this week...this hot weather is breaking Friday with some rain and then cooler temps for next week...should be good!
    Shoot Straight --->
    Leave'r Right There!

Thread Information