Thread: The things you see hunting

The things you see hunting

I hope you were in a wooden ground blind!!!
    Will hunt for food...will work for beer.
    Leave'r Right There!

Haha I was scouting an area with my buddy. It was one of his uncles long horn. There was an electric fence but he could have easily ran through it and he was not happy we were there

haha I once had a bull like that charge me, came at me from about 500 yrds away and was about to stomp me into the ground, I had a shotgun, and when it got to about 45 ft I shot at its feet, which DID slow it down, the second shot, stopped it at about 20 ft from me,
    all the while I had my buddys a 150 yrs away yelling at me how I was acrewed LOL
    as the deal with the farmer was IF we killed a cow, he charged by the lb
    and it was looking like a 1600+ lbs buy to me!
    that bull, was grunting and blowing snots out of its nose non stop, stomping the ground and head shaking as I slowly walked backwards to a gate to get away, every 20-30 ft I had to shot a round off near its feet to stop it again, as it was wanting to get me, but didn't like me with a gun!!
    when I got to about the last 15 ft or so from the gate, I could tell the bull was on to where I was going, and the shooting at its feet wasns't working so good

I managed to make a run for it and got over the fence, and I was SO sure that bull was going to run right thru that gate to get me, when I hit the other side, I kept going
    the bull was standing at the gate banging its horns off t it, and had about 30 cows with him now
    NOT sure if the cows stopped him or not?
    as I think the whole time, that bull thought I was trying to steal his cows off him LOL

was a VERY close call that day, I am pretty sure I could have killed it IF I had to, would have HAD to been a very close shot to the back of the head, little rodeo like deal!

BUT dam I remember that like it was yesterday
    and long story , the farmer that morning told me a Bull was out there, BUT NOT to worry, he said IF he gets close shoot and he'll run off
    well run off MY a$$, that bull seen me 500 yrds away, and was on me in seconds, I did fire a warning shot at about 150 yrds and all it did was go faster towards me LOL
    I think the farmer was screwing with me HAHA!
    wasn't to sell me a bull that day!

over the yrs I found MOST cows don't like it when your dressed in all camo
    makes them spooky and edgy!
    I try to avoid cows all I can since then !

Thread Information