Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I hunt this place and if so, how?

Should I hunt this place and if so, how?

I would agree with the bedding thought. From the aerial photo (great app BTW, I have it on my phone and love it!) It looks like this fields sets/connects a few different small plots of woods and I would think this would be a good travel corridor for them. Am I understanding it right, you can only put a stand on the marked spot? Reason I ask is because it looks like the is a small chunk of woods the belongs with the field? Could you set a stand there? Or maybe in one of the corners that has some timber? As far as how to hunt it, I would say you're gonna have to do some scouting, looking for paths and what not. Also if you have the means and time, I would say one good shot at directing deer you way, bush hog some lanes throughout the field. If its that's thick in there and the deer are using the field, I would bush hog some paths that go right in front of your stand. Deer are gonna take the path of least resistance as long as they feel safe, and you could definitely use that to your advantage.
    I live life at full draw....

Stand location is very limited here. When we put the stand up, this was the only location we could put it. No other trees large enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What phone app is that?

So you have 5-8 of thicket. Go and hunt it and see what you can learn. If you only have 1 stand location then hunt that.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Should be some trees big enough now, 4 years of growing may have helped, lol. App is HuntStand or HuntStand lite
    I live life at full draw....

I have looked each year for a new stand location. Just isn't there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you might also want to make sure neighbors will allow you to recover a deer that makes it to there side of the property
    as IF they refuse, your screwed, and might NOT be worth hunting here!
    NOT to be a downer here, just giving some into to think about!

If you cant put in a stand sounds like time to get a blind. They work very well.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

None of the trees off to the right side of the field are large enough for a stand? I agree with nomad, go hunt. Take a good pair of Binos and watch. You can learn from that. Also what Zach said is a good idea as well, the bush hog thought. Although that's advice I need to take, and find a bush hog somewhere to cut me some lanes through the field on my property. It grows thicker every year.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Thread Information