Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking gear

Smoking gear

I came across an article on using smoke as a scent control tool. Some guys were saying they use a product called the scent smoker. Just wonder what yall thought?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've heard of this also but have no experience with using smoke to control scent. From what I've heard/read, a lot of guys have good success with it.
    I live life at full draw....

I've read about a lot of success guys have had. I don't think I'll try it lol I'm reluctant to change things when my methods are working. I did find it interesting though.

Smoke fire ash, all contain some carbon, so there is some science to it.
    My opinion is this, if you hunt some place where deer smell smoke often, OK; but I wouldn't do it in an area where NO one burns wood.
    as fire is normally avoided by wildlife.
    so a odd odor in a non faire area, I doubt would a good thing, or I woulwouldn't want to smell like a fire all day In a tree there, seems I would be the source of scent, and get busted too easy for smelling like danger, Maybe NOT a human, but still, be pin pointed for the smell NOT normally in the area

That makes sense mrbb

I have used this method now for 6 years and have never been busted by a deer. I have also killed at least one deer every year too. It works great for me, I never have to worry about wind direction and it's a heck of a lot cheaper and easier than doing the whole scent free method.
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Do you use a scent smoker or just make your own

Quote Originally Posted by mossbergbryson View Post
    Do you use a scent smoker or just make your own

I have a burning barrel, that I put leaves and twigs in, and I stand in front of it with all my gear on to get smoked up.
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Ya that would work just as good

Quote Originally Posted by whodey1966 View Post
    I have used this method now for 6 years and have never been busted by a deer. I have also killed at least one deer every year too. It works great for me, I never have to worry about wind direction and it's a heck of a lot cheaper and easier than doing the whole scent free method.
    I'm with you on this. I did it the last 4 years I hunted. Including myself, there are three other homes in my immediate area that heat with wood. A few others have a lot of campfires. They are pretty much used to the smell.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

Thread Information