Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 season pictures

well best of luck to you on your trip down there, and look forward to some more pic's, both trail cam and a pic of you with a big buck in the truck!

well went for a walk today and checked one of the cams behind my place
    been a little while
    and NOT a single deer on cam??
    I think this is the first time I haven't had a deer on cam in my life and been running cam since the 90's??
    WOW< that's weird for me
    all I got was a few fox coyote pic's and this mother and her cubs
    who also was in my back yard , at my feeder
    ONLY my feeder has been empty since end of Aug, as legally cannot feed here in hunting season

I have a TON of apples, piles of them in my yard and NOTHING is going near them the past few weeks
    BUT I see I have two of my neighbors dogs running loose??
    which I am Guessing MIGHT be why critters are NOT eating my apples??
    first time in 30+ yrs, I had apples rotting in the yard
    very ODDS
    I see deer all the time right next to them just won't eat them??
    OH well
    date on one cam is wrong, so?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 087.jpg   088.jpg   089.jpg   067.jpg   068.jpg  

and the dogs Click image for larger version. 

Name:	054.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	11205

I love the bear, although be a little creepy living by them like that. I'm getting pretty pumped, couple more days and I'm out! I'm a little nervous as the weather is going to be pretty warm.
    2008-2009 Team Challenge Champs
       -Team Backstrap Fever
    Blackbeard        
    Curran        
    Deerhunter        
    Ffkevin        
    YouthHunter

"He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, he who doesn't is a fool forever"

Quote Originally Posted by YouthHunter View Post
    I love the bear, although be a little creepy living by them like that. I'm getting pretty pumped, couple more days and I'm out! I'm a little nervous as the weather is going to be pretty warm.
    living with bears here is a very relaxed deal
    they honestly don;'t bother you, unless your some moron that try's to bother them first, or get in between mom and cubs
    and even then, she does her best to get cubs up a tree and then she too goes up

lots of warnings 99% of the time

Had a female here last night, haven't seen her in about 3+ months
    I was out in my shed, and she and her 3 cubs were between me and my m house
    BUT she is a old told local bear, about 16-18 yrs old, and she is used to me
    I simply made her see me, with a little noise, and she came over to me, like a big dog would, NO threatening posture, or the likes
    just kinda wanting to say hello
    came up to me gave me a quick smell, and went back to doing what ever she was doing
    and I too did the same, and we ignore each other more or less
    I don't fear her, she doesn't fear me I guess
    been knowing her for a LONG time and she I guess came to realize here in my yard, she isn't in any danger from me, or anyone else for that matter!

she finally came and ate some apples so did the cubs
    funny, how I just wrote a reply saying how NOTHING was eating my apples, and just like that things changed LOL

been up close and personal with a TON of bears, and not a single bad experience to date
    ONLY takes one to change it all, but, there honestly in rural area's(wilderness area bears are DIFFERENT ANIMALS)
    in rural area's bears adapt to humans and tolerate us a LOT better than , we the public do them\ people fear what they don't know and always jump to worse case events!
    just give them room and respect, let them know your there, and odds are you will NEVER have a issue with a bear!

That's still pretty wild, I couldn't imagine that. It would be real cool to watch em like that over the years though.
    2008-2009 Team Challenge Champs
       -Team Backstrap Fever
    Blackbeard        
    Curran        
    Deerhunter        
    Ffkevin        
    YouthHunter

"He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, he who doesn't is a fool forever"

that's a cool part of bears is they tend to have a LOT longer lives than deer, I have several bears that have been here for over 15+ yrs now, and got to watch them grow up from cubs to some OLD bears now.
    and its crazy how they can come around for yrs and yrs, and then go missing, for 3-4-5 yrs and show back up again
    some have scars that just stand out otr let you know there a certian one, or even at times, they get captured and tagged, and wear ear tags, so you can 100% ID them
    here in PA< if you contact the state and GIVE them a tag ID number, they will give you a history on that bear that they have
    way cool at times
    and they like to know a bear is still alove and where its at too, they LEARN from thsi info
    BUT to be honest, MOST of the bears here DON"T have tags, maybe 10 % or less

and the state ran a bear trap 1/2 mile from me for about 5 yrs too LOL
    due to folks know LOTS of bears live in my area
    they did tag a bunch one yr, BUT never the one's that seem to come to my place LOL

Thread Information