Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sightings.....

Still in the tree but have had a pretty good hunt down far. One half racked buck early this morning and then another little buck about 10. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1447428469568.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	11226

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm back in the same tree I was yesterday morning. I wanted to update yesterday's post but got side tracked. At 11:15 or so what I consider a shooter emerged from the woods to my 6 at about 150yds and headed across the field nose to the ground. I gave him a couple growls to get his attention and then a few tending grunts once he was looking my way. Well it worked. Here he came up the field then across and right into the woods. When he entered the woods he was only 15yds and of course he didn't take the trail (the only trail) that would have put him at 8yds broadside. He nosed his way through the brush until he was less than 20' from my tree and looked straight up at me. Obviously that is the end of the story because this joker didn't get this big by being curious what the 200lb blob in the tree was. He wheeled around during went straight back across the field and gone. I had my bow drawn and ready for any kind of good shot when entered the woods but wasn't presented anything I was comfortable with. So... he lives another day and I get a story to tell. And as luck has it while I'm telling it this little guy snuck in on me. Thank you Lord for the blessings of this life. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1447504230618.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	11231

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well sounds like you've had a lil fun in the tree the last couple of days. Bummer about the big one but everything happens for a reason....right? Lol. Good luck!
    I live life at full draw....

Congrats! Great buck, he's a shooter in my world any day

Congrats! Doesn't look like to bad of a buck to me. Another plus is you got it out of the way before the orange army hits the woods in a few weeks. Nice buck!

Looks like a good one.

Doesn't get any better than a family affair to retrieve a deer . Wish my little man could travel up there to hunt with me but just not yet, he talks about it all the time though. Fine animal looks from the pic that God has blessed you in all kinds of ways.

Looks like me and Mr. Big Boy is going to be a long drawn out battle. This evening was now my 4th encounter with him. I was walking into my stand and I busted him out of his bed 25 yards away from my stand. Hopefully I can get him before gun season.

I hope someone is in the stand right now! I worked early today and had to run in town afterwards, on the way home I think I saw prolly 30 deer in the fields. They were everywhere!

Thread Information