Thread: Sightings.....

Hybrid View

Made it out Tuesday evening and had a very memorable hunt. I've been hunting with a buddy of mine this year and on this evening we set up in a small piece of timber about 70yds apart. Hoping to fill a tag I was excited when a good sized doe stepped out of the brush. I was really hoping that she would walk towards my buddy b/c he hasn't killed a deer yet but that wasn't the case. She walked right towards my stand then turned at 15yds giving me a perfect broadside shot. She bolted as the arrow passed through her side and ran straight for my buddy 's tree and fell dead 20yds from his stand. Ha ha. We decided we would try for a double and hunt the rest of the evening. A few minutes later I was surprised when a pair of does came from behind me (down wind) and walked right over to the spot I had just shot the first doe. I laughed and texted my buddy that I was having all the luck and shot this doe as well. Hat the shot the two deer bolted, one running game into the bedding area and the other stopping to look back at only 20yds or so. After looking back it slowly walked towards me again and sood just feet from my tree. It paused for a few moments looking around in confusion. I took time to look it over well and saw nothing wrong with it, no blood/ nothing. Then it walks right under my tree and bedded just 3ft from the base of my tree. I sat in the tree waiting for it to leave well after dark but it just laid there. Kit started to rain and I had a blood trail to find so I started down the tree. The deer ran about 40yds and stopped and rebedded. I thought that was very strange so when I got to the ground I looked in the bed and sure enough there was blood. The deer then got up and went off through the woods as I was sneaking over to my comrade to tell him of what happened. We went to the spot where I had shot the deer and found the blood trail and sure enough the deer that had walked up to the base of my tree was the one I had shot. I couldn't believe it. I thought I had made a good shot. To make a long story just a little shorter we took care of the doe that had expired by my buddy's tree. We decided to wait till the next morning to go look for the second. I was blessed to find it just 100yds from where we last saw blood. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446212882012.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	11196
    I tried to attach a pick of the deer as it walked towards my tree after I had shot it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's awesome tree congrats! I rattled in a lil 8 pointer this morning and 5 does. Great morning out weather wise.
    I live life at full draw....

Hunted wed eve, Thurs eve, and last eve, saw one small 8 point wed eve, a decent eight point Thursday eve, and the same small 8 point last eve i spotted wed and 2 does, the buck last night didn't seem to interested in looking for any hot does, I watched him graze for about 10 minutes and then he went back into the woods. back at it this eve, still looking for that first mature buck encounter.
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Thread Information