Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sightings.....

I did see 3 scrapes on Wednesday. Today I saw 18 scrapes. The action is definitely beginning, I was just in the wrong place this morning.

Sry for the sideways pic

Bowtech Strykezone 350
    Horton Bone Collector 175

Well, I finally got out in the woods this morning, First time this season. I went to my unbaited unsented stand, I did not expect to see anything really just went out to scout and setup my blind. got a late start and it was light as I approched my stand. Wouldn't you know it! there was a doe right under my stand. and it was tail up and gone!
    I haven't been too pumped up about hunting this year but had a good time today and planing a evening hunt on Sunday.

Oh yea, I pulled my cam that was out there for 2 weeks and this guy was there. This is about a average buck for my woods.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WGI_0012 (2).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	11171

This evening I set my camera up in a new spot before I got into the stand and I saw 2 coming towards me. They were 2 little ones. They were the only 2 I saw all evening.

Yet again I sat in perfect conditions this morning and again no deer movement close by. I did witness my first sparing match between 2 small bucks this morning tho so that was pretty cool. Unfortunately they were in the next cut bean field over, about 350-400 out. Watch them briefly, they raised their heads together and slowly walked up into the adjacent woods. So I was happy to at least see something while I was behind the house. And have a new decoy on the way so next weekend will bust out the decoy and ole rattling antlers, should be exciting!
    I live life at full draw....

Most deer I've seen in the woods in the past week have been moving around 6:00 pm or 6:40 pm.

Last nights sit was a bust. I only saw one on my way in. I may or may not get out this evening. I will definitely be out Thursday and Friday evenings for sure.

No luck Tuesday evening either. Next time out will be Thursday evening. It seems like the movement has just died here since it warmed up again. I'm hoping next week will be different. I start my vacation on the 29th and don't head back to work until the 14th.

Thread Information