Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sightings.....

Sightings.....

Just figure we could start a thread to share what we're seeing out there, instead of having to look at a bunch of different threads to find out.

So over the past couple weeks I've been seeing some does on the way home from work here and there but the last week seems like business is picking up (granted this is all between 10-11 pm). The wife said we had 2 does in the food plot/corn feeder last night before dark. Then as I turned on our road last night, came around a 90° curve and there stood a nice tight 8 pointer standing 5' off the rd. Headlights hit him and he jumped into the bean field but I was able to keep my lights on him for a few seconds to get a better look before he trotted off. Not sure where he came from (maybe the 2 big corn fields down the rd they cut yesterday) cuz I don't have any pics of him all year but I was obviously stoked to see him 150 yards from my driveway. Not sure if he was a shooter for me yet but definitely a nice deer with a lot of potential! Hopefully the wife can get a crack at him!
    I live life at full draw....

This morning I didn't see anything. Of course I walked around the area my stand was for about 15 minutes trying to find it. Haven't had that happen in a long time. I did have one run in front of me when I was driving home. I also one standing along the road on my way to hunting.
    Last edited by ManOfTheFall; 10-15-2015 at 08:18 PM.

This evening my grandson and I saw one on the road on the way to hunting but that was it. Didn't see a single deer from the blind.

I've seen deer from my stand along the corn the last 3 weekend's in the mornings with the latest sighting at 10am( havnt had an afternoon hunt yet this year). Also there has been a group of does hanging out in a cut bean field where I work every morning this week. I was feeling a little green around the gills this morning so I didn't make it to work, but I did make it to the tree stand😊

Bowtech Strykezone 350
    Horton Bone Collector 175

Had a good sit this morning. I saw 10 on different sides of me. I think they were all does but I'm not positive. The only problem was none were close enough to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTheFall View Post
    Had a good sit this morning. I saw 10 on different sides of me. I think they were all does but I'm not positive. The only problem was none were close enough to shoot.
    What type of food sorce are you hunting?

Bowtech Strykezone 350

I have my stand set up between a very large bean field and the bedding area. This place is loaded with deer. I have 5 stands on this property, I just picked the wrong one this morning. One of the stands I saw 8 of the 10 deer go right past it.

Had my first pm sit yesterday. Saw 3 does but they wouldn't come closer than about 200 yards.
    I live life at full draw....

Disappointed this morning. Did not see a single deer. Going to a different spot this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTheFall View Post
    Disappointed this morning. Did not see a single deer. Going to a different spot this evening.
    Bummer man. Better luck this evening. I'm headed out to the stand here soon. I saw the first scrape in my area yesterday on my way out. I might get frisky and put some doe in heat piss on it!

Bowtech Strykezone 350

Thread Information