Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Sightings.....

Nope zero deer yesterday. I think I will be heading into the bedding area next time out. With all he pressure on these deer I doubt they are moving far from the heavy cover during daylight hours. The bedding thicket starts about 60 yards to the right in this picture and is down over the hill. I am going to the middle I think. This is a pretty heavily used travel corridor. There is 6-7 trails that are all around this stand. But if the deer aren't moving I have to go to them.

The place I scouted this weekend had some fresher buck rubs and some trails but not much else in the way of sign. I think it is another travel corridor and probably great for archery but the late season I bet that movement happens at night.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Saturday evening I had a 1 1/2 year old fork horn and 2 doe fawns walk past me at 10 yards. That was all I saw. Monday and Tuesday it's suppose to be even colder so maybe some of the older deer will be on their feet before dark. I will be going out both evenings. I'm still after a hit list buck but haven't seen any shooter bucks since mid November.

Some deer is better than no deer right. Not sure when I'll be able to get back out, hopefully before muzzleloader, due to my shoulder being messed up for the last month or so not sure if I pulled something or what. Doc has me on some antiinflammatory so we'll see what happens. Worst case scenario I'll borrow my dads crossbow and take it out.
    I live life at full draw....

Some deer is always better bthan no deer. Hope your shoulder heals up Zach. I will be out this Wednesday for a mostly odd hours sit from 830-330.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

went for a ride yesterday now outside of sunbury PA , up on the state and federal lands, and was about 4 pm or so, and a nice smaller 8 pointer was walking about down the game lands road, while I drove up beside it, seemed it it didn';t have a care in the world or about me
    didn't think to take a pic?? expected it to run at any minute, but never did?
    drove past about 30+ game land parking lots on several game lands thru out that area from about 2pm till dark
    didn't see ANYONE parked on game lands at all, or hunting
    and MAN some of these game lands looked awesome, lots of winter wheat fields VERY green, lots of farm lands bordering them, lots of timber cuts
    and being a Saturday in late season, NO one was out hunting it seemed at all??

I say several fields with deer in them at last 20 minutes of light too
    but just that one buck in day time like
    BUT I never got out of the truck and wasn't hunting so LOL
    just killing some time and fuel , driving back roads in this area
    haven't been there in 10-15 yrs so, out for a ride just!!
    MIGHT be back to a few spots come the coyote hunt in Feb, as some spots looked awesome for calling!

With the cold weather finally here (most of the time) been seeing a fair amount of deer feeding in the fields while driving. Pretty stoked to check my cam back in the woods today where I had all the movement 2 weeks ago, and only had a few videos. Due to my cam acting funny, not sure what was wrong with it but it when I open it, it was on but didn't want to take a video. Anyway, had some does moving through and about 15 yards on the backside of it k had a me scrape that was started since the last time I went out there??? Thought it was a lil late for them to be starting scrapes? Anyone else (who's still on here) seeing scrape activity?

no scrapes here, but haven't spent much time in the woods lately

I did on Friday take a 50+ mile drive around some farm area's started about 2 pm and drive till dark
    and in all the farms, and winter wheat fields and such
    I only seen deer in one field, about 30 though , all doe, or no antlers on any

so deer here are still very nocturnal I think!

Saw 4 does in the neighbors field when I left for work yesterday at 12:30. And a lil ways down the road saw a decent lil buck crossing a cut bean field into some big pines.

I saw a buck and a doe when walking my dog through the woods a few days ago.. shame I don't have any tags in Ontario.

Can't wait to get back home!! :)

Anyone still out there trying to fill a late season tag??? I'm going to try to get out at least 1-2 more times if I can and hopefully put a nice fat doe in the freezer.

Thread Information